Why must I resort to custom glove builder just to get a simple black glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Everyday of the week, and seven more days on Sunday!

I was just getting ready to ask the OP what Mizuno he’s looking for?

Edit.....and what size for which position(s)? And, is this for a Mizuno sponsored team?
I was being serious because I knew that was your take on the matter. My girls have always used softball-specific gloves and mitts, but if it's a viable option to use baseball ones, why not? There are so many more available.

May 16, 2016
Not sponsored. DD2 is brand loyal... I was able to get DD1 switched to Rawlings, but I am not winning that battle with DD2. Was looking for the Proselect Fastpitch 12.5 which seems to only come in Grey and White (OH, I just noticed the welting on this is metallic!!!! Just when you think it could not be any uglier...). She is primarily a Pitcher/OF. Anyway, don't search the interwebs on my account, I already went custom.

Interestingly, the 12" comes in Black with White welting, which is better than grey, but still not satisfactory IMHO. Their cheaper line, MVP prime does come in Black on black. Maybe they are pushing people towards custom in high end models by making the OTC lineup ugly?

1671046543065.png

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I mean it is just assumed that I am a shi*-stirrer..half the members have me on ignore. I expected more from you 😂
I was the kid who would throw rocks at the hornet's nest from afar while my buddies were underneath it. They'd consult me to write the curriculum if they offered a class on busting chops in college.

May 16, 2016
Just went on their custom builder to mock up a 12.5" Pro-Select FP glove, man their options are very limited, not that great!

Yeah, luckily, Black on Black is within their capabilities. Rawlings has a far superior glove builder. I did opt for colored laces, but I figure if she don't like it, we can always get it re-laced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC