Which Bat should I get my daughter?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2024
I am looking at bats for my daughter who is 10 years old. She has hit a ton of them and not sure what one would be best to buy. Easton Ghost, Louisville Kryo, Demarini Prism+, Louisville LXT. Any suggestions?? Please let me know. Thanks.

Oct 22, 2019
I'm sorry. I hate this question. I mean I know it's hard to figure out and choose, but no one can tell you which bat to get. It's all personal preference. If she has swung all of these, which feels the best to her? Which does she hit farthest with? It all depends on how she feels. Generally speaking, she probably wants to swing the heaviest bat she can, comfortably and successfully. But when you ask for an opinion or reference like this, you just end up getting everyone's opinion on what THEY like and everyone likes a different bat.

Sep 19, 2018
add the Mizuno power carbon to the list.

You've listed the top end bats for each of the high profile manufactures. They are all going to perform pretty similarly. Any differences are going to be due to how each bat's weight and balance work with your dd, swing. Is she big strong? Small and fast?

Getting the correct size bat is going to be way more important than which brand. Resign yourself to the fact that you will need to buy a new bat every 12 to 18 months for the next few years. If you are stuck between sizes, you should go smaller (and unfortunately buy the next one sooner).

At 10 if you can find one of these bats used, in good shape that would be a great way to go. A little Mr Clean Magic Eraser and you are good to go. Having said all that, go someplace and let her swing them all, then let her choose. If you can't get someplace for her to swing them all, let her choose anyway.

cmn

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You really need to let her swing them to help make a decision. There are plenty of great options, especially at the younger ages.

If you need a light bat, look at the DeMarini CF.

Jan 1, 2024
I am looking at bats for my daughter who is 10 years old. She has hit a ton of them and not sure what one would be best to buy. Easton Ghost, Louisville Kryo, Demarini Prism+, Louisville LXT. Any suggestions?? Please let me know. Thanks.

In our area the Ghost is by far the most popular with high-level high school players. However, you'll probably get as many opinions as there are bats! Just make sure her choice is listed as legal on the USA Softball website. And if her bat is ever compression tested, make sure the correct calibration standards published for the make and model are being followed. On-site bat testing can be huge fiasco if the people doing the testing have not been trained properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigdawg4454