New 10U team - talk me off the ledge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, in travel 10U we play about 15 tournaments. 4-7 games per tournament. Call it 5. That's 75 games, not counting friendlies.

Feb 15, 2017
DD played over 110 one year of 10u. We all thought it was great when the schedule was out only to realize what a huge mistake it was later. 60-70 games in a season is about perfect IMO if spread out. Definitely would spend more time practicing if we could do it over again. I didn’t think parent burnout was possible but alas...learned something new.

PJR

Oct 3, 2016
your 10Us play 60 games a year?
Looking back on old posts and had to laugh. Never noticed the response. First year was 40 in summer and 6 in the fall. By the time they were 12u it was close to 90 between fall and summer. Never played in winter. 3 of those girls are now playing D1, 1 D2, 1 D3 and one high level D1 Junior College. The other 5 had successful high school careers and are enjoying the good life attending college while not playing softball. One plays basketball in college.

May 3, 2023
Looking back on old posts and had to laugh. Never noticed the response. First year was 40 in summer and 6 in the fall. By the time they were 12u it was close to 90 between fall and summer. Never played in winter. 3 of those girls are now playing D1, 1 D2, 1 D3 and one high level D1 Junior College. The other 5 had successful high school careers and are enjoying the good life attending college while not playing softball. One plays basketball in college.

How many HS games do your teams play? Up here it’s 20 + playoffs which could be 6 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 15, 2018
CT
How many HS games do your teams play? Up here it’s 20 + playoffs which could be 6 games.

Same. CT. 20 regular season, then conference playoffs, then states. Last two years, 27 and 26 games. All crammed into 2 months (plus a few days if you're lucky/good).

May 3, 2023
Same. CT. 20 regular season, then conference playoffs, then states. Last two years, 27 and 26 games. All crammed into 2 months (plus a few days if you're lucky/good).

I coached HS in CT for 14 yrs. CT by rule a Varsity player cannot participate in any activities of another team in THE SAME SPORT during the HS season and playoffs. If she does play for another team such as TB or LL and gets caught, her HS team forfeits every game, she played in for the Varsity.
The kicker is she could play Football, Lacrosse, and Field Hockey to name a few and legally play for her Varsity Softball team.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'm on Long Island, and we have a similar schedule. We're only allowed 19 regular season games, though.

Those late March games were fun...