Can't find the rules!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Looks like it's a subscription? I registered. If I pay the 6$ For the book is it permanent or is it an actual subscription? Anyone know?
You have to buy NFHS rules every year. Our local org includes the cost in our ump assoc fees.
You will wan t the case study book as well.

Apr 29, 2024
You have to buy NFHS rules every year. Our local org includes the cost in our ump assoc fees.
You will wan t the case study book as well.
So if I buy it right now will it expire In January? Or will I still have access to the 2024 rules?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
So if I buy it right now will it expire In January? Or will I still have access to the 2024 rules?
Should have access permanently. Unless they change the provider which they have done in the past.,

We only buy the paper copies.

May 29, 2015
Looks like it's a subscription? I registered. If I pay the 6$ For the book is it permanent or is it an actual subscription? Anyone know?

Please do not support their app. No, you rented the book. When next year's book comes out, they will delete the one you purchased. No, they don't replace it. You have to rent the new one for another year.

Now that USA is releasing their book as a free .pdf, NFHS is the stingiest and the greediest when it comes to actually wanting people to know their rules.

I agree, I love the ctrl+f feature of a usable digital version. I am still using my 20202 Kindle version (the last year you could get it outside of NFHS controlled sources) to do searches and find where to look, then comparing against the new book.

Apr 29, 2024
Please do not support their app. No, you rented the book. When next year's book comes out, they will delete the one you purchased. No, they don't replace it. You have to rent the new one for another year.

Now that USA is releasing their book as a free .pdf, NFHS is the stingiest and the greediest when it comes to actually wanting people to know their rules.

I agree, I love the ctrl+f feature of a usable digital version. I am still using my 20202 Kindle version (the last year you could get it outside of NFHS controlled sources) to do searches and find where to look, then comparing against the new book.
Any idea where to find the USA version. Unfortunately I already rented the book from NFHS. I see it expires in May :(. But I may grab a physical copy so I can highlight and bookmark rules.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago

Is this worse than buying the new copy of the book each year?

I get a physical book sent to me each year, but I'm thinking of doing the digital version because looking something up on my phone might be quicker than searching the book, unless I already know where the rule is located.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atilbury