What do you think about this?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Position

She mainly plays 3rd and has actually gotten a couple mvps for it and one got outfield...it certainly wasn't her batting LOL. I know they don't mean a whole lot, but it's something to be proud of.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
DD's best friend and team mate were being "too competitive" at practices and being a bit nasty as posted in another thread. Well, that has disappeared and they are great... or so I thought. They both wanted the same position and my DD got it and has been doing really well. I just found out that her friend is now bringing another older girl to the team for a try out. Guess what, she plays the same position and we hear is very good. I casually asked the parent and she said "we thought it would be good to give your daughter a break from time to time." I'm all for making the team better, but this seems fishy to me.

Oh yes...very common for softball parents to be "concerned" about their kids teammates. YEAH RIGHT!

Just casually mention to the mom, "dd has always wanted to play (insert whatever position her dd is at now), maybe this would be the break she needs to do that."

Jun 1, 2013
Another upside is that she knows how to play 3rd and now she can learn a new position. A good utility player, IMO, is the 3rd player most valuable behind 1) catcher 2) pitcher. Relax and encourage her to keep a good attitude, she will come out on top for having more experience at different positions. Your teams will change and as another poster said, "there is always someone better" and this can help her to find playing time on any team.

Oct 10, 2011
Theres your answer!

It's frustrating because that's what she's been known for. Kills it in practice and stinks in games lately- except for this past weekend it really came back strong. All singles, but that's better than strike outs! I think she's been swinging for the fences, so this week it's all long tee work, etc... She's been swinging quite a bit every day and looking at a lot of video:) I get to use my new homemade hitting aids!

Oct 10, 2011
Oh yes...very common for softball parents to be "concerned" about their kids teammates. YEAH RIGHT!

Just casually mention to the mom, "dd has always wanted to play (insert whatever position her dd is at now), maybe this would be the break she needs to do that."
That's exactly what I was thinking. But, last practice the coach did put her in the "other" position, which is Center field. DD said she thinks she lost 10lbs that practice:)
Coach did say awhile ago that he'd like to see her play some 1st also because our 1st baseman is off to college soon. Our current first baseman is amazing!

Jun 1, 2013
I thought this was for a 10u thru 14u player, I know I assumed. If her teammates are going to college real soon, it may be time for you to not worry so much about her on field. Dd is a big girl now, and none of this is new to her or you. The words "letting go" comes to mind. Work hard, play hard, and control what you can and don't worry about what you can't. Teammates and parents of teammates are definitely out of your control.

Oct 10, 2011
I thought this was for a 10u thru 14u player, I know I assumed. If her teammates are going to college real soon, it may be time for you to not worry so much about her on field. Dd is a big girl now, and none of this is new to her or you. The words "letting go" comes to mind. Work hard, play hard, and control what you can and don't worry about what you can't. Teammates and parents of teammates are definitely out of your control.
(Sorry...18 u) My lil girls growing up. She's only 14 (15 in a couple months) but I guess it's time. Just went on her first date:eek:

Jun 1, 2013
If she is just turning 15 then by ALL means stay ACTIVELY involved, I was talking about the 17 to 18 range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz