What do you do when your not coaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I DJ with my mobile sound system when I can fine a gig. Other then that, I worry about next season. Now that I am on the board of my organization, my hair is growing grayer by the day

May 5, 2008
I spend countless hours, wasting valuable time on a forum called discussfastpitch.com
lol

Since I have 3 daughters of playing age and live in a place where softball is played all year long....when I'm not coaching I'm usually enjoying the view from the parent side of the fence. :D

Christmas 08 I got a new flyrod for this awesome Colorado fishing, a new set of golf clubs and a cushioned hunters bucket with back rest on top to use while catching for my DD. Have fished around the world all my life, and grew up playing golf on Pebble Beach. Guess what gets used the most.. In the last two years, went fishing twice, played golf twice and have logged about 4 billion hours of bucket time. Vacations are softball cities. Our DD mentioned we all take a cruise real soon. Thought that would be nice, then she reminded us about the Marc Dagenais, Crystal Bustos / Tincher cruises and how cool it would be. Sheesh. Haha. Life of a bucket dad I guess. A new TB season starts, get through HS ball, get ready for fall tournaments, winter training, travel and indoor practices till spring, (not many winter tourneys here in CO) then off to the races for spring and summer. I must be doing something wrong if others are getting MONTHS off. Wouldn't trade it though.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
When not coaching my DD two teams, I coach my son's baseball team, AC for both of their soccer teams and ski 40 or so days a year (they both ski race). I used to be a climber, but there isn't much time for that anymore.

Scouting and recruiting for either my own team or the other teams in our org. Almost always.

I might get to do a little fishing in the fall months when it finally cools down some, but we play about 10 months a year so there aren't many weekends open.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
When I get the rare occasion to not be neck-deep in real work and no softball I am a scuba diver and a semi-pro underwater photographer (recently a semi-semi-semi pro since I go so rarely now).

2005-10-23-17-07-36.jpg

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
While I realize my job as a coach is to focus my attention on the development of the players, inevitably my family and I develop relationships with the other players and their families. Some of my DDs best friends are on her travel softball team, even though very few of them go to her school. Many of them have other interests besides softball; basketball, soccer, field hockey, etc. We will often attend some of those events during our off season.

May 30, 2014
Oregon
I run. Do a few races a year, a 5K, 10K, maybe a half marathon. I'm not fast at all, but it helps me clear my head and keeps me from being a fat guy. It's nice when you can run a warm up lap or two with your team and be less winded than some of the girls.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44