What do you do when your not coaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have taken up chasing after DD's 9 month old. That will keep you on your toes. This morning she put her bottle in the toilet (but not at my house.) I am going to have to Google toilet locks, I guess.

Dec 28, 2008
When I'm not coaching I do private batting lessons
When I'm not coaching or doing lessons I do team clinics and large softball camps
When I'm not doing either of those, I'm writing articles or shooting videos
When I want to relax I talk to players via Facebook
Pathetic I know ... fortunately for my wife we are expecting our first grandchild in January and then 2 more in March. So then I'll add spoiling my grand children rotten to my list of activities.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Hmmm, during the off season I stay in shape by chasing all the boys away from my DD. That's one reason we play travel ball, gone every weekend and she's too tired to worry about them.

Aug 16, 2010
I hear that. Nice to know there's a fellow musician on the board. I used to play guitar in an instrumental rock band, now I just sit in once or twice a month. I wept a single tear the other day when I was in my garage/studio and saw a softball resting on my (once well used, now dusty) pro-tools console. It was a good visual as to how kids change your priorities. Ah well!

-W

We should form a band (I'm - bass, mandolin & acoustic guitar) "dead broke softballin dads." We could record music for those ridiculous boom box trailers discussed in another thread.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I coach DD's basketball team and hunt ducks every chance I get until the first week of February. Might have to scale back the ducks as my hunting buddy's arthritis is getting bad.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
When not teaching lessons or keeping a lid on softball flame wars, I play in a rock and roll band -- rhythm guitar, keyboards and vocals. If you're on Facebook, check out The Bosko Brothers. There are some song samples from our gigs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44