What do you do when your not coaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 30, 2010
Pennsylvania
So when you get a breather for a few, what do all of you coaches and mangers like to do when not worrying about the girls

Here's what I do when I'm off!:cool:
YouTube - BIG BEAR LAKE TROUT 10-2-10

Not sure i breath..........anyhow, i just follow DD from 1 sport to the next is basically what we do. I use to fish, but now softball equipment sits on top of the tackle box. I do find time to hunt deer a little in the fall (between firld hockey and basketball) i haven't hunted sring gobbler in years (coach HS and travel). I do enjoy watching as much football as i can. I still do on occassion build things in the shop. But what i really enjoy and i know your all gonna laugh, i love splitting firewood. and i do it the old fashion way, by hand with a maul/axe. It really relax's me and keeps my guns pumped.

Last edited:
May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I sing and play acoustic guitar in coffee shops. I used to do it fairly regularly until DD decided to play softball. Now I do it whenever I can, which is only once every couple of months.

Jul 26, 2010
I sing and play acoustic guitar in coffee shops. I used to do it fairly regularly until DD decided to play softball. Now I do it whenever I can, which is only once every couple of months.

I hear that. Nice to know there's a fellow musician on the board. I used to play guitar in an instrumental rock band, now I just sit in once or twice a month. I wept a single tear the other day when I was in my garage/studio and saw a softball resting on my (once well used, now dusty) pro-tools console. It was a good visual as to how kids change your priorities. Ah well!

-W

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I follow the (2) DD's other activities which include Figure skating (year Round), basketball (summer and winter), soccer,ice hockey, Band and Orchestra. But (1)DD also plays on Softball teams that I don't coach, in which case I relax and watch the game (Summer, Fall and spring). Also, My youngest DD and I have been doing a bit of fishing(summer)
I also grill out as much as possible.

My wife tells me the house is falling apart....

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2008
I hunt and ride my motorcycles. I usually have to clear a path through the gear for the bikes to get out of the garage. Since I'm not going to do the elk hunt this year, maybe a Vegas trip is in order. :)

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Given the avatar with my posts, I used to fish. Also played golf to a single digit handicap. I now play golf a few times a year.

DD will have no use for me in a few years, so the handicap will improve eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44