What are you looking forward to this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
I'm looking forward to seeing all the young ladies on my DGD's team and their parents. They all are a great TEAM to be around.

As far as on the field, they should be pretty good 1st yr 14u team (two 98's). They have five girls that can pitch with three of them in the rotation. My DGD finally gets some help at catching as there are two other girls that catch. Defense looks pretty good when the coach puts the girls in the right place (he plays everyone in different positions so they get playing time, exposure and experience). Hitting should be pretty good, I think they hit around .375 as a team in the fall with 5 of the girls hitting at least one OTF home run. On paper they look pretty strong, but it is according to which team shows up on the field.;)

The team will play in NSA Nationals in Chattanooga in July and then play a showcase tournament in early August. If they play up to their potential, they will move up to 16U in the fall.

Dec 7, 2011
DD is 17yrs old here:

HS as junior:
1. First get rid of all this god awful snow! (more coming and I don’t see a day in the upcoming forecast into the 40’s….)
2. Have DD take top slot in D1 K’s this year (she was 3rd last year)
3. I am sure less BB’s & almost no HBP’s will be included.
4. Have DD hit at least .500 with at least 15HRs
5. STAY HEALTHY!!!

TB:
1. Have this team (new for 3rd year in a row) actually "gel" and have a bunch of girls who can tolerate each other through to nationals.
2. Get to the exposure & national tourney and blow some doors off! (leading to more school offer options)
3. STAY HEALTHY!!!

Personally:
1. Looking not to have to catch for DD as much anymore (I will get hurt sooner or later….)
2. Looking for our TB car to last ONE MORE YEAR!!
3. Looking for the DD signing day and a big “de-tune” on softball anxiety for the first time since 10u.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I'm looking forward to a great summer of softball. DD's team is a 8th grade 14U team that has really jelled over the fall and winter. I'm looking forward to DD going yard this summer. She hit one over the fence foul in Cary last summer.

Last for those in NJ, I'm looking forward to another shot at the Nightmare Black.

Apr 25, 2010
Last for those in NJ, I'm looking forward to another shot at the Nightmare Black.

We have a girl new to our team who just moved here from Yardley, PA. She played for Nightmare, but I don't know which team.

Found it. She played for Black...lol. She was one of their pitchers, so you won't be seeing her again.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We have a girl new to our team who just moved here from Yardley, PA. She played for Nightmare, but I don't know which team.

Found it. She played for Black...lol. She was one of their pitchers, so you won't be seeing her again.

It wasn't just their pitchers, their bats where spot on that day. We played in they hit long. We moved back they dropped them short. They will be one of the teams to beat this summer, even after losing 1 pitcher and another position player.

Apr 9, 2012
Seeing the confidence rise as they see the results of all the hard work in the offseason.

The crack of the bat.

The chatter of the girls.

The fire in the eyes of the competitors.

Weekends at the ball fields with "extended family".

The girls succeed on the field, off the field, and in life.

Apr 1, 2010
I'm looking forward to so much. I feel really blessed.

I'm looking forward to DD's first tournament (it's this weekend even though the weather projections keep getting colder!); I'm looking forward to her going yard (it will happen and this could be the season!); I'm looking forward to her new team making great strides (they may be a little rough, but they are working hard and being coached well!); I'm looking forward to running into DD's old teammates and their parents and hearing how they're doing; and I'm looking forward to spring...someday! :-D

Hey, Ken, that's K's team in pool B at Adair this weekend, right? S's team is in pool C. Hope to see you all there!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Looking forward to DD's team of 1st year 10u girls get a little better each tourney. Through two tourneys they have beaten her team from last spring and fall and two good 02 teams. Its a blast watching these girls and the fire they have to get better and compete.

Apr 9, 2012
I'm looking forward to so much. I feel really blessed.

I'm looking forward to DD's first tournament (it's this weekend even though the weather projections keep getting colder!); I'm looking forward to her going yard (it will happen and this could be the season!); I'm looking forward to her new team making great strides (they may be a little rough, but they are working hard and being coached well!); I'm looking forward to running into DD's old teammates and their parents and hearing how they're doing; and I'm looking forward to spring...someday! :-D

Hey, Ken, that's K's team in pool B at Adair this weekend, right? S's team is in pool C. Hope to see you all there!

Sure is. We are looking forward to seeing yall again. We miss yall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl