What are you looking forward to this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Each year I find myself looking forward to something unique that the year offers us in ball. It might be trying to win the rec league young, TB state, national events, world series, MS, or HS ball. Of course the main focus is improving the girls, but there is always something to attain, compare to, or reach for.

This year I think I found my excitement. Since she was a freshman we have had the honor of pitching against college signed girls ( seniors ) but we haven't been on that equal plane of age and experience.......we were younger. But this year is different ( to me ) we now all are equal ( meaning those signed seniors 2013 ). I find it fun to google these pitchers we will be facing this season to see where the are college bound, the division, and their stats.

We play our first official seasonal HS tourney starting tomorrow, 32 teams. Our first game Thursday DD will be pitching against who many say is the best pitcher in the state. D1 signed, .87 era, 752 K's, and a good bat too career .439 BA. 2012 Pitcher of the year, 2012 and 2010 state champions. So I'm very anxiously awaiting to see how we stack up. We will head next weekend to Murfreesboro for the multi state tourney, I'll spend a few hours googling those teams and pitchers.

Anyway, that's my silly fun for the year. What are you looking forward to? What should make this year better or different for your team or DD?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am looking forward to my DD's team qualifying for ASA Nationals. We played some ASA qualifiers last year, but as an independent first year 14U team, we did not have much success. This year we are hoping to earn a berth and go to Normal, IL......and make no mistake about it, a berth to ASA Nationals would be the ONLY reason I would look forward to spending a week in Normal, IL!

Sep 18, 2011
Same boat as JAD. DD is a second year 14U and we're hoping to end up in Normal. We qualified last year and had a great ASA nationals. Won our pool and then our two losses were against teams that both finished in the top 6, including a heart breaking 5-4 loss to the Texas Sudden Impact (up 4-2 with ONE out to go) and then a 6-1 thumping at the hands of our "big sisters" (what are the odds that you would face a team in your own org at ASA nationals?). So anyway, this is supposed to be our year. However, there have been some defections and such, so I just don't know what to expect.

As for DD, I think the sky is the limit. The good news is that our 6' lefty pitcher attracts tons of college coaches, so DD should definitely get some looks by accident. :) But I have to say that now the biggest goal is to beat JAD's DD's team in Normal... :)

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
First is watching my dd pitch in a varsity game earned her letter last year but didn't pitch for varsity. Second is seeing her hit her first OTF home run I am pretty sure it will happen this year and finally she joined a different TB team she played age 8 - 14 with the same org this year she moved to a new team.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Caution - brag post

I am looking forward to watching DD's HS team win the Section Championship game this year, God willing.

DD has seen some of the top athletes in the country play against her HS. Her name is Randi May. She plays for the Wheatland Pirates, Div IV, Butte View League, Northern Section, California.

In 2009 (DD was still in MS) we watched Jessica Moore mow down her future HS team in league play. Jessi has been starting pitcher for the Oregon Ducks since her freshman year.
In 2010 DD pitched head to head against Jolene Graham In league play. Jolene is currently an infielder for University of Texas San Antonio.
In 2011 DD pitched against Cheridan Hawkins in the Section Championship game, losing 4-2. Cheridan is Jessica Moore's back up pitcher for the Ducks and currently has a 1.25 era after 61.2 innings.
In 2012 DD pitched against Cheridan Hawkins again in the Section Championship game again, losing 3-1.

This year DD is the "feared pitcher" in the section. Her team is 11-0-1 so far and is ranked #1 in the Section. They are the favorites for the Section Championships in 2013.

After the summer I look forward to watching her start the next phase in her life; Going to University and playing softball to earn her keep.

Apr 22, 2012
First thing I am looking forward to is warm weather. My DD plays tonight and it is in the low 30's right now.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Im excited for my dd. She made varsity as a freshman and will start on 1B, and will be the #1 pitcher on jv... she's been grinning ear to ear for the past few days. I'm happy for her because she now finally feels "good enough" or "not a lesser player" so her love of the game has been renewed and she actually looks forward to practice for once! :)

Apr 11, 2012
We are a first year 16A team that was the 14A USSSA National Runner-up last year....this year I'm looking forward to an 16A PGF berth....obviously, an ASA will do too....but mostly I'm looking forward to June 15th (or whatever the date is this summer), when schools can contact my DD instead of the TB HC being the middleman and telling us who wants us to call them and my DD making a decision on which school she is going to committ too....

Aug 31, 2011
Jawja
We shall play in our very first ASA Qualifier this year, we will probably get thumped, but it'll be fun anyway. Really looking forward to Panama City in July, even though it'll be 110 in the shade. She'll also get the opportunity to tryout for her high school team this summer,(we play in the fall) excited to see where that goes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl