We quit our team today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
On this team it was definitely not the kids who were the problem. Or even most of the adults. Pretty much 2 adults. But I bet overall, 96% of the crap and drama comes from the grown ups.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Some folks have gone as far to say that having adults involved in kids' games creates all the problems.

Not completely true, since kids can create enough drama on their own. The adults just have a lot more experience.

Typically the kids learn it from the adults...

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
On this team it was definitely not the kids who were the problem. Or even most of the adults. Pretty much 2 adults. But I bet overall, 96% of the crap and drama comes from the grown ups.
I suggest a nice bottle of wine and a weekend viewing of All Stars, for some 10u perspective. ? If you don't see yourself or other easily identified caricatures, you're probably doing it wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jun 12, 2015
I'm the stats dad. Only mom, not dad. I really should watch that again. It's good to find humor in the craziness.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
I'm the stats dad. Only mom, not dad. I really should watch that again. It's good to find humor in the craziness.
I'm the new mom (but I'm in 3rd year now so I'm achieving a more respectable level of cynicism and crazy each season). When dd was 1st year 12u, first time playing softball, she needed a bat. Spent $20 at Dick's. Two months later, she got on first travel team - needed a "real" bat. Which one did she like? "The blue one, Mom." Yep. My 11 year old swung a blue Xeno, 34 -9, until eventually I heard a coach talking to her about her bat, then holler across the field to AC, "Hey, AC, you gotta check out the caveman club this kid is swinging." Well, dagum. She liked the blue one. . .

Mar 29, 2012
I suggest a nice bottle of wine and a weekend viewing of All Stars, for some 10u perspective. �� If you don't see yourself or other easily identified caricatures, you're probably doing it wrong.

What is All Stars? Is it some show?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13