USSSA Tournament big joke

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Ask the TD if there are going to be equipment checks or not for the tournament. If there are not, then dont bother putting the equipment out. If there are, have the players put the equipment out in front of the dugout. It goes faster if all the helmets are put together and the bats together.

Dont know about other associations as I have only worked qualifiers and nationals for ASA, but as far as ASA goes at any nationals qualifier or nationals equipment is checked every game.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
We have shown the new thumbprint stamp to the HU all season. Many have gotten good at picking it up without stopping the game as they say its large enough to notice when the batter walks up to the plate. Kind of cool :)

Mar 7, 2012
PA
We had 5 players have to buy new bats this year (3 of them were DeMarinis that were 2011& 2012 models I believe).

What bothers me the most is the amount of time it takes, in PA & NJ every batter needs to show the stamp every time they go up (I have had a few occasions where players have shown it 2-3 time in a single at bat). May not seem like long but it takes about 5-10 mins off every game. There were a few games where we needed that extra time (ie. drop dead we were away team and mounted a comback in the last inning to go ahead by 4 runs, but because of drop dead we wond up losing those 5 mins would have helped.)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Played in a USSSA qualifier, I guess you need the new USSSA label on the bat. Every time one of the girls went to bat they had to show the home plate umpire the label on the bat. Here is the joke, the umpires never checked the bats or helmets to see if they were safe and no cracks they just wanted to see the label. Then we played the tournament with NFHS softballs no USSSA label on the ball.
This sound like another money making scam by these groups. Because we were told that the old USSSA label is no longer good you have to have the new USSSA label. Both bats meet the same requirements.
Shame on USSSA for making more money off us

You do realize there is a different shell technology in the new stamped USSSA bats right?

The way the tourny was run or if whatever was or wasnt done is another story

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie1234