using a GoDogGo to teach pop flies.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 29, 2013
Love the idea, it would save my arm. :) I was throwing popups to my soon to be 11 year old and 7 year old the other night. Both insisted on the hardest ones that I could throw, which to them were the highest ones I could throw. The older one needs work on her form but she caught most of the 25-30' high popups. The little one made a play on every one of them, didn't cry when a couple hit her in the arm, and caught some that I thought she had no business even trying.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I bought a sling shot that shoots tennis balls. It looks very similar to the hunting version with the forearm brace... Only used it once, at maxed out, the ball only goes about 50-60 feet. Waste of money, your better off just tossing it up yourself.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Elk Grove, (Is that IL.?) If you purchase one, I have 1 warning. The good thing is the girls can use it alone and just catch as many fly balls as they want. But, my 3 YO GDD, walked up to the empty machine, and dropped a tennis ball in - and it fired immediately. It was my fault, but the machine was silent and I didn't know that it was still on. An 11yo should be able to use it, with no problem, once you tell them to turn it off - and then, put the balls in.

With the 4 D batteries that this operates on, it is very portable.

Jun 29, 2013
Amy, Elk Grove, CA- just south of Sacramento. I'll look for this machine, my 7-year old is obsessed with catching balls now, my arm is getting sore throwing to both girls every night. But it's a good pain and one I've wanted to experience for nearly 11 years. :)

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The sling shot model I had was definitely made for baseball. In fact, the tennis balls were white with red seams to look like a baseball. But again, if you find this product, don't waste your money.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
A dog chucker will throw the balls quite far, too. But then, that takes a person to chuck and one to catch. With the machine, I can catch by myself. Plus you could set it up anywhere in a small area of the park and not worry about beaning some passer by.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
A cheaper version..use a tennis racket to hit the balls! works great for my girls

Or..........

ACCUBAT

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz