using a GoDogGo to teach pop flies.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have been looking for a tennis ball machine, to use for pop flies, but they are all over $1,000. But, I came across the GoDogGo, for $150.00, so I ordered it. I am very happy with it and it can be plugged in or run on D batteries. it pops the tennis ball about 40 feet. I am thinking that it will be fun for the kids under age 10. Plus, it would be hard for them to get hurt. Catching a tennis ball, is very difficult, at first. I hope that this will be a fun station to use, during practice.

I only had two girls, yesterday and they were 11 and 13, and I can say that they were not excited to use it. :( So, I am going to try a younger age group. :eek:

godoggo.jpg

May 7, 2008
Tucson
OK. It doesn't oscillate, but I can move the girls left to right and front to back. Or maybe have someone physically turn the machine. It comes with 6 tennis balls, but will hold at least 24. I sat it on the back of my truck last night and caught 6 pop flies, in the street. It comes with a hand held remote.

Jan 25, 2011
OK. It doesn't oscillate, but I can move the girls left to right and front to back. Or maybe have someone physically turn the machine. It comes with 6 tennis balls, but will hold at least 24. I sat it on the back of my truck last night and caught 6 pop flies, in the street. It comes with a hand held remote.

or you could set some cones up and have them rotate to the next cone. Practice running in or out from the cones or left & right. Amy, I enjoy your inventive ways of use of products.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes. Warrior, I will put you in the will. I have told my husband that my bats are worth a thousand dollars and not to haul them off, if I die suddenly. The cones are a good idea. I can do that. The little girls can also catch the ball and throw to a net.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Yes. Warrior, I will put you in the will. I have told my husband that my bats are worth a thousand dollars and not to haul them off, if I die suddenly. The cones are a good idea. I can do that. The little girls can also catch the ball and throw to a net.

Sweeeeeeet!!! LOL

I'm guilty of having a lot of "toys" for the kids. Just makes things funner and changes it up some

Oct 25, 2009
I've really had fun in the past with those slingshots that use tennis balls. You can shoot the ball REALLY high if you want to. Or regular of course. Plus, you can fire some really hot ground balls to the infield or outfield.

It makes for a REALLY FAST fast ball when firing it from the circle!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz