University of Memphis Softball Coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
September 1st is rapidly approaching and I believe Cal State Fullerton and UC Riverside are without a HC. Is it the money? The required masters degree? The cost of living in so Cal?
Incompetent AD?
or if you saw the list of candidates maybe you'd appreciate why they're waiting?!
🙈🙉🙊

Its only Aug 6th.
They have time to make the decisions / announcement.

Did you hear any reasons why those coaches left those programs?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2016
or if you saw the list of candidates maybe you'd appreciate why they're waiting?!
🙈🙉🙊

Its only Aug 6th.

UC Riverside coach upgraded to the UC San Diego job and Fullerton retired after 12 years

Apr 26, 2019
September 1st is rapidly approaching and I believe Cal State Fullerton and UC Riverside are without a HC. Is it the money? The required masters degree? The cost of living in so Cal?
Incompetent AD?
This is without knowing when the job openings were announced/posted but federal law, and I am guessing most if not all the states, require federal/state jobs to be advertised for a minimum number of days allowing all interested to have an opportunity to apply.

A hire can't be made until the job posting expires, even if they know exactly who is getting the job before the opening is announced. Could it be a situation such as this described?

Feb 7, 2014
🙈🙉🙊

Its only Aug 6th.

I know very little about Memphis Softball, but having gone through interviews lately it seems like both sides no matter the level of play inflate what they have to offer.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
🙈🙉🙊

Its only Aug 6th.

Riverside Coach Palmer went to UCSD. Fullerton coach retired.

Jun 4, 2019
🙈🙉🙊

Its only Aug 6th.

Memphis coach went to be pitching coach again, she's at FL now. Can't knock that swap but only 2 years is not long enough to make a difference. Not a huge Memphis fan, just found it odd b/c they were a young squad.

Jun 11, 2012
The Holy Cross coach just moved to Maine on 7/9/24. She was at Atlanta Legacy, NE Finest, and PGF trying to recruit players. Her old job at Holy Cross is still vacant, so how are they recruiting anyone now?

It happens.
Holy Cross just announced Jon Ladino as the new coach. He’s previously coached at Assumption & most recently Johnson & Wales.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Holy Cross just announced Jon Ladino as the new coach. He’s previously coached at Assumption & most recently Johnson & Wales.
I just heard that. A local friend has a daughter at J&W, and he said the team is all pissed. He was recruiting girls to go there as recently as NE Finest, and now they don't have the coach who recruited them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwaehler