Understanding softball?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 21, 2016
Hope I'm posting in the correct spot but i'm new to softball just started this season and Like are there any movies or videos or something that would really help me understand the game of softball like for example if it's a bunt what are you supposed to do depending on your positions and stuff like that (ex: what each position do, where you're supposed to throw the ball when u catch it) or like does this stuff come naturally to you as you keep watching games and playing in them? Cause honestly I don't know what I'm doing rn!! Any help is appreciated thanks! <3 also any good tips on batting ?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My suggestion would be to watch a lot of college softball, and you are in luck, because now through the WCWS is "prime time"

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Agree with JAD. Watch a lot of softball. Also, watching baseball to get a general idea of where the ball "typically" goes can help too. Also, watch the hitters mechanics. Good luck and welcome to the club.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
IMO SB is about catching, throwing and hitting.

Work on catching, throwing and hitting as much as you can.

You are not were they want you on the field, you will get yelled at, file it away move on. Try not to make the same mistake again.

Play as many games as you can.

Nothing beets watching games live, go to an older game and watch the person playing your position.

Sep 18, 2011
Hope I'm posting in the correct spot but i'm new to softball just started this season and Like are there any movies or videos or something that would really help me understand the game of softball like for example if it's a bunt what are you supposed to do depending on your positions and stuff like that (ex: what each position do, where you're supposed to throw the ball when u catch it) or like does this stuff come naturally to you as you keep watching games and playing in them? Cause honestly I don't know what I'm doing rn!! Any help is appreciated thanks! <3 also any good tips on batting ?

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce and please give a warm DFP welcome to my dd's new high school softball coach. Good to see you here!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13