Uncoil Speed vs. Bat Speed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Most of these are on time and the body positions were mostly intact. More anticipation than anything else. I think that’s what OU does so well.
For sure. Again, I am losing track of what you are proposing. That too many kids in fastpitch are swinging for the fences? What were the BA for the top 20 HR hitters in D1 this year? I would be surprised if any of them were below .300.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
There are a number of kids in HL college fastpitch who hit upper .300's/400's with 20+ HR..not to the extent of Alo of course but still pretty good average/power numbers.

I think those kids have great anticipation/approach at the plate and stay pretty disciplined mostly. Also may be due to a weaker schedule at the start of the season maybe? Infield defense isn’t what it used to be either. Softball infield defense has taken a back seat for sure. Not much emphasis there anymore.

Jun 8, 2016
You have to have some evidence for your proposal other than some of the players/teams use TM.. :p

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
For sure. Again, I am losing track of what you are proposing. That too many kids in fastpitch are swinging for the fences? What were the BA for the top 20 HR hitters in D1 this year? I would be surprised if any of them were below .300.

That playing out front hunting the long ball ends more kids than helps. Learn to back the ball up as well as play out front is my point. Mechanics don’t dictate power, time does. Do you want to give up that time and gamble more than not? This is my point. The mechanics are for time not power. Time dictates that.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
You have to have some evidence for your proposal other than some of the players/teams use TM.. :p

I will say that the field is too small as well. That needs to change. One bobble and a kid is safe at the college level. Distorts things a bit imo. Push the bases back some.3ft maybe. Push all fences back at least 10 and at some fields 20 feet.

Edit: why the hell do grown women play on the same size field as 8yo girls?

Jun 8, 2016
I will say that the field is too small as well. That needs to change. One bobble and a kid is safe at the college level. Distorts things a bit imo. Push the bases back some.3ft maybe. Push all fences back at least 10 and at some fields 20 feet.
Is this related to your point? Or mine? Or somebody else's? I am confused now, thanks.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't see many kids chasing HR in fastpitch so perhaps my point is that you are preaching to the choir?? I am going to the gym now maybe I will find my point there..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I was guessing..could have been totally off.

You’re traveling all over the place James Harden. Fast pitch has less over swingers. But they’re out there. But mostly baseball for sure. There’s more time.. but the ball moves more. Base hits are harder to earn. Field size is correct. I think brute strength plays more in fastpitch than baseball though. But time doesn’t permit it mostly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying