34" Bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 1, 2022
Y’know- I do.

First of all, it’s more available. If you need to walk into a sporting goods store and pay full retail at 7:45 pm on a Saturday you can.

I believe that a kid that can hit a ball 220’ with a low drop 33” can do it easily with a 34/24. And eventually, if not immediately, that same kid can be more adjustable with the 34. Look at the pitch longer, initiate quicker.

My younger kid swung a 33/25 for years, and I think it was completely unnecessary. Grey ghosts mostly. I tried to make her use a 34/24 LXT. She went off, hit the ball farther, went right back to the 33/25. This was summer ball, think she was a junior in hs. I let her do it and I shouldn’t have.

My other kid liked -9’s and she set all of her small hs home run records but she may have been even better with a 34/24.

I also think its an opportunity to convince them that its the hitter that is awesome, not a special bat.

My younger one just had her college senior day, she spent four years on a top 25 team. This is a well known program, you would think you would have a barrel full of every size bat you could want. Surprisingly it’s not. She switches back and forth between LXT’s and Xenos according to what is available. Coaches couldn’t care less. I think there is a lesson for us dads who stay up at night worrying about this stuff. Just roll with a -10 and be done with it.

I would be a jerk if I had it all to do over. My kids would be swinging -10 one piece bats as soon as they were barreling most front toss and easy machine training pitches.
Why one piece -10? What advantage do they have over 2 piece bats?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06