Uncoil Speed vs. Bat Speed.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Which kids?The ones hitting HRs or the other ones?
I don't think power is everything but it does draw attention. Just like speed in pitching.
Oh and don't forget size.

The one’s who think mechanics are for power. Eventually the pitching gets to good and the swing is too long. HRs are mistakes. There’s a time and a place for out front hitting.

Jun 8, 2016
@Work=wins I think your premise regarding power and HR is more relevant to baseball, in particular MLB. With the fences, balls and bats in fastpitch any normal sized female who hits the ball hard consistently above maybe 14u is going to hit HR. There are not many girls hitting .250 but have a bunch of HR, at any level. At least from what I have seen..

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
@Work=wins I think your premise regarding power and HR is more relevant to baseball, in particular MLB. With the fences, balls and bats in fastpitch any normal sized female who hits the ball hard consistently above maybe 14u is going to hit HR. There are not many girls hitting .250 but have a bunch of HR, at any level. At least from what I have seen..

Last time I checked the WCWS HRs were swings that were meatballs, anticipated pitches etc. they dont just go up their swinging hard. Lol. You nailed it P. Made my point exactly. Check your favorite players highlights. Are 95% percent of the HR swings perfectly timed swings? Mostly pitches around the middle? Usually right? Not many adjustments needed huh?

Jun 8, 2016
Last time I checked the WCWS HRs were swings that were meatballs, anticipated pitches etc. they dont just go up their swinging hard. Lol. You nailed it P. Made my point exactly. Check your favorite players highlights. Are 95% percent of the HR swings perfectly timed swings? Mostly pitches around the middle? Usually right? Not many adjustments needed huh?
Umm..ok. I am trying to remember what we are arguing about so I can make a counter-argument.. :ROFLMAO:

Jun 8, 2016
Ok I guess the argument is the epidemic of going up there swinging for the fences doesn't really exist in fastpitch because there is no need to..you can have the best of both worlds in fastpitch and not have to be Hank Aaron..

Jun 8, 2016
I've seen Alo and Jennings take plenty of pitches on the outer half and hit them for HR the opposite way but yeah there were a lot of meatballs in the WCWS, that is for sure.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok I guess the argument is the epidemic of going up there swinging for the fences doesn't really exist in fastpitch because there is no need to..you can have the best of both worlds in fastpitch and not have to be Hank Aaron..

It does. But you’re correct. Jocelyn Alo is the modern day Hank Gwynn.

Jun 8, 2016
It does. But you’re correct. Jocelyn Alo is the modern day Hank Gwynn.
There are a number of kids in HL college fastpitch who hit upper .300's/400's with 20+ HR..not to the extent of Alo of course but still pretty good average/power numbers.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I've seen Alo and Jennings take plenty of pitches on the outer half and hit them for HR the opposite way but yeah there were a lot of meatballs in the WCWS

Most of these are on time and the body positions were mostly intact. More anticipation than anything else. I think that’s what OU does so well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom