The Bucket drill

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
I do something about two times a year that I call the "BUCKET DRILL". The girls love it but I dont over do it.
It goes like this: You get ten balls and stand at home plate, You have a girl squatted in front of you with the balls, She tosses you the balls you hit them to a player in the second base position, She then fields the ball and runs to second where she drops it in a bucket. She then goes as fast as she can back to the 2nd base position where another bal is coming at her. When all ten balls are done she grabs the bucket and runs to you and dumps the balls and the girl who was tossing takes the bucket back. there is a line of about 4-5 girls behind second.

This is a VERY fast paced drill and it will , If done right really gas them. You can very it by using the shortstop pos. They really like this drill and ask for it all the time but I only give it to them about twice a year. :cool:

Jun 13, 2010
i believe it's like a soft toss drill with fielding incorperated.....if i understood your post, wild man.

I should have been more clear. I catch the ball and hit it. I dont do like soft toss because I can better control the tempo if I have the ball In my hand.
So the super good in shape girls get it faster and more varied in difficulty. The other ones get it right to them or not so hard depending on their ability and conditioning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414