Take a look at my left fielder.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am not experienced with rattlers, but I know not to poke them with a stick. The more experienced coaches put a bucket over them and move them, but I don't know how to get them in a bucket, either.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Amy, having been bitten a few times, don't mess with them. I've never been bitten by a poisonous one yet thank goodness. The Wife killed two snakes this week in the barn. I was bitten this spring while mowing my back yard. I didn't kill that one. It was a black snake and I stepped on it. My fault and it eats mice etc. and is good for our place. Of course, I did get hacked off some. I killed another one that bit me this spring but I don't know what it is. It was hanging from a tree and I knocked it out of the branch. It got me on the way down. Stupid me. It is in a million pieces now.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Amy, having been bitten a few times, don't mess with them. I've never been bitten by a poisonous one yet thank goodness. The Wife killed two snakes this week in the barn. I was bitten this spring while mowing my back yard. I didn't kill that one. It was a black snake and I stepped on it. My fault and it eats mice etc. and is good for our place. Of course, I did get hacked off some. I killed another one that bit me this spring but I don't know what it is. It was hanging from a tree and I knocked it out of the branch. It got me on the way down. Stupid me. It is in a million pieces now.

Dude...you need to move!..to like the North Pole or something! If I ever saw a snake hanging from a tree in my yard I would freely self admit myself to the IOL for years of therapy!

Dec 11, 2010
First of all, I don't think that's a snake, I think it's a basilisk. A shovel won't do, you need the Sword of Griffindor.

Those snakes eat a mouse or two every month or two.

Alice Cooper explains all that in the excellent book "Golf Monster", that he had to feed gigantic boa constrictors a couple white mice every month or month and a half. BTW, you can learn a lot from Alice Cooper, great advice like "go to a ball game, attend a theme park, you don't want your kids to grow up to be wierdos".

Alice Cooper Commercial - YouTube

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Cannonball, the only snake in Illinois that can kill you is the cotton mouth. You are the only person I have ever heard of getting bit by those harmless snakes. We used to catch them, as kids in Shelby Co. and take them to school.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Cannonball, the only snake in Illinois that can kill you is the cotton mouth. You are the only person I have ever heard of getting bit by those harmless snakes. We used to catch them, as kids in Shelby Co. and take them to school.

For the Love of God who are you people?! (lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing