Pitching stats per level

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Correct in fall. We stick with our commitments. Her rostered team is 11C with some young players on it (some just have turned 10). I’m concerned the level of play we will see won’t promote growth. We shall see how we do against older bigger 12C teams since there aren’t a ton of tournaments with 11C teams.

As a pitcher, any time on the mound helps her improve. She'll be fine in 11C this year, plenty of time to move up. And if you get crushed early and often, you might have some mental issues to work on. Those can be challenging.

Dec 20, 2023
Without reading a thing, and coming in late:

She's a B pitcher.

The number one thing that my DD did to lower her ERA and WHIP was to go to a better team with a solid defense. As you've witnessed, so many of the weak hits your DD gave up on a C team would be outs on a B or A team. In an odd way, it took my DD moving to an A team to really reach her full potential.
Her rostered team is much cleaner on defense for their age group, we shall see how this season goes, but she's playing with some 9 and 10 year olds on an 11U team which means the pace of the game will be slower at times which she should dominate but I'm worried about growth. She subbed again in 14U last weekend and earned 5 strikeouts in that game. She will likely get some circle time albeit limited on her middle school team (6th-8th grade, essentially 14U), so I'm thinking she will be ready for B competition next season. As you stated, ERA and WHIP have a lot to do with the defense behind you, she just hasn't been in with a solid defensive team yet. I appreciate the feedback!

Without reading a thing, and coming in late:

She's a B pitcher.

The number one thing that my DD did to lower her ERA and WHIP was to go to a better team with a solid defense. As you've witnessed, so many of the weak hits your DD gave up on a C team would be outs on a B or A team. In an odd way, it took my DD moving to an A team to really reach her full potential.

Oct 4, 2018
Her rostered team is much cleaner on defense for their age group, we shall see how this season goes, but she's playing with some 9 and 10 year olds on an 11U team which means the pace of the game will be slower at times which she should dominate but I'm worried about growth. She subbed again in 14U last weekend and earned 5 strikeouts in that game. She will likely get some circle time albeit limited on her middle school team (6th-8th grade, essentially 14U), so I'm thinking she will be ready for B competition next season. As you stated, ERA and WHIP have a lot to do with the defense behind you, she just hasn't been in with a solid defensive team yet. I appreciate the feedback!

Age doesn't alwasy equal skill. Plenty of 12U teams out there that can crush 14U teams. Try to rate the competition more on skill than age.

Dec 20, 2023
As a pitcher, any time on the mound helps her improve. She'll be fine in 11C this year, plenty of time to move up. And if you get crushed early and often, you might have some mental issues to work on. Those can be challenging.
After talking to her pitching coach, she said the same thing, let her hopefully dominate in 11U and really build some confidence instead of struggling mightily against stronger and bigger and older hitters. Subbing to grow in skillset at a higher age or level will definitely help her with the growth she needs this season.

Dec 20, 2023
Age doesn't alwasy equal skill. Plenty of 12U teams out there that can crush 14U teams. Try to rate the competition more on skill than age.
I agree, and 12U teams can be huge and 14U teams can be tiny size-wise, a 12A team would wipe the floor with a lot of 14C teams, and not mentioning misclassified teams (i.e. C teams that should B or B teams that should be C) but I think there is a greater physical (IE hitting ability) difference moving from 10U to 12U than there is from 12U to 14U, solely based on experience and what we've seen in travel ball this far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles