Streaming camera

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2017
Switched to mevo this weekend. I was using iPhone 6 but recently began dropping the stream and freezing. Maybe it has been dropped to many times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I'm personally a fan of streaming with a smartphone and recording with a GoPro. Both do what they do best and you have a redundant setup in the event one fails.

But if you do stream with a GoPro, we only recommended the 11 due to streaming FOV limitations with the older devices. Also highly recommend using GoPro Labs Firmware and running with external power only (no internal battery)

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
I'm a big fan as well as just using a phone to livesteam. The cameras are so good now, and GC and TagUp and others have options to adjust field of view now, so they work great. As a guy that has way too many cameras and stuff going, I am trying to focus on simplifying everything - the less things to charge, the less things to connect, the less things to worry with, the better.

I say all that - and I have 3 things on the fence every game:

1. Coaches phone - for gamechanger livestream
2. DD's phone, since she is playing, not using it, for TagUp
3. GoPro Hero 10 - to record the clips I want to use for highlight packages. Always the backup incase no signal for GC, do one camera overheats or dies.

I built my own rig to hang on the fence and adjust all three devices, along with battery packs attached and then I hang stuff over for shade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad