Streaming hardware

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
We use GC Team Manager as well. They have been super quick to ramp up features, and it's completely free for everyone to view the live streams (although saved videos will require a subscription for the parents to go back and look at). Scoring and streaming all done from same app.

I really want to move to this but not until it's free for viewers. We have so many grandparents and such and going to the team facebook page is just so simple.

Perhaps there will be a solution one day...

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I really want to move to this but not until it's free for viewers. We have so many grandparents and such and going to the team facebook page is just so simple.

It is interesting that this is the same dichotomy that I dealt with years ago between iScore and GC. Both were very good systems. Ultimately, I went towards iScore because, while it cost the score device the price of the the app and the cloud service, the viewers could watch for free. That and I could collect the pitch location data and store on a local server. Was a ridiculous step for a bunch of u10-u13 kids (which is when I ultimately handed over the scoring job). But it was an interesting project.

I don't recall what each of the colors were for (blue obviously was a called ball). But was searchable by hitter and or pitcher. Then I turned into a manufacturer and had to put the programmer in me to bed. And I got a lot more sleep this time of year. :)

1617244131637.png

Oct 4, 2018
Cool. Love the scatter plot.

But of course Game Changer was the VHS of that story. iScore must have a pretty tiny market share.

Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana

It's totally free for viewers. Only costs of you want to go back and watch replays. But if you are already paying for premium to get full stats you already get it.

Oct 4, 2018
It's totally free for viewers. Only costs of you want to go back and watch replays. But if you are already paying for premium to get full stats you already get it.

It's simply not as easy as Facebook. And yes, many people want to watch the 8:00 AM game at noon, for example. And be able to fast forward to their favorite players, etc. etc.

Grandparents aren't paying for Game Changer. They don't have it and don't want it. They barely can get the Facebook stuff right and that's when we send them the exact link to click on. :p

I pay for Game Changer, and love it. I suppose what I'd really like is to export the live Game Changer video with scoring overlay to Facebook for both live watching and saved video for future watching and fast forwarding. Having it on Facebook also helps a little with recruiting and such. Our little 12U team has over 1000 followers on Facebook. Lots are parents and players of other teams near us, who might come try out for us one year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad