Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 24, 2020
This is a little off topic, but does anyone record with a GoPro and then upload to Youtube? If so, how are you splicing all of the video segments together before you upload to Youtube? I have found it to be a pain to accomplish.
I just set my GoPro Hero 9 to auto upload over wifi, It does it automatically when it is plugged in and connected to a known network. When it uploads it, it puts all of the videos together into one video. You can then share it directly to Youtube from there or download it.

I just set my GoPro Hero 9 to auto upload over wifi, It does it automatically when it is plugged in and connected to a known network. When it uploads it, it puts all of the videos together into one video. You can then share it directly to Youtube from there or download it.
Does the GoPro Hero 8 also do auto upload? Is this done through the GoPro app? Thanks.

Sep 24, 2020
Does the GoPro Hero 8 also do auto upload? Is this done through the GoPro app? Thanks.
I am unsure about the Hero 8. For the Hero 9, it's all set up on the camara and it does it on its own once it is connected to the wifi and plugged in for charging. The app is not needed.

Aug 21, 2020
Does anyone have any recommendations for an optical zoom camera for shooting video from the center field fence? A couple of the fields we've been at recently have obstructions behind home plate (solid wood slats, see photo). I'm guessing I would need to frame the shot like a typical MLB feed with the pitcher/catcher primarily.

I'm not looking for ultra high end DSLR here, but the ability to connect and stream would be a plus. I've been toying with using a snap on zoom lens for my iPhone too.

Thanks!
6f36ec46eb082cca24f6a6ab57d9cf83.jpg

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Does anyone have any recommendations for an optical zoom camera for shooting video from the center field fence? A couple of the fields we've been at recently have obstructions behind home plate (solid wood slats, see photo). I'm guessing I would need to frame the shot like a typical MLB feed with the pitcher/catcher primarily.

I'm not looking for ultra high end DSLR here, but the ability to connect and stream would be a plus. I've been toying with using a snap on zoom lens for my iPhone too.

Thanks!
6f36ec46eb082cca24f6a6ab57d9cf83.jpg

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk
Compact cameras with a good optical zoom work. Just be aware that most cameras that are primarily still cameras that also shoot video, usually limit recording time. This Sony camera will record 20 minutes before stopping. I stop and start between innings. Sony DSCHX90V

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020
Compact cameras with a good optical zoom work. Just be aware that most cameras that are primarily still cameras that also shoot video, usually limit recording time. This Sony camera will record 20 minutes before stopping. I stop and start between innings. Sony DSCHX90V

Yup this is pretty much what I was thinking of doing. Thanks for the tip about recording time limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802