Streaming - Mevo and General

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

This is a little off topic, but does anyone record with a GoPro and then upload to Youtube? If so, how are you splicing all of the video segments together before you upload to Youtube? I have found it to be a pain to accomplish.

May 16, 2016
This is a little off topic, but does anyone record with a GoPro and then upload to Youtube? If so, how are you splicing all of the video segments together before you upload to Youtube? I have found it to be a pain to accomplish.
I use a video editing software, Adobe Premier Elements, to splice the multiple go-pro files into a single video file. Yes it is a pain and time consuming to render the file. The Mevo spits out a single file, which is much easier to deal with.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
If just combining the "chaptered" segments to a single file is what you want, a free program called MP4Joiner works well and fast. If making single clips from bigger files (which is what I now do most) is something you want to do, VLC Player is a great option and is also free. For other tasks, I agree with the recommendation above; Adobe Premiere. For most cases, Premiere Elements will serve you best for cheaper. But if you want to process a lot of game video (multiple games), I suggest Premiere Pro, which is a monthly service. Pro will allow you to batch render files fully automated. When we do a lot of full games, this is what we use. Do all of your slicing and dicing with each game. Then stack all of the Premiere files up in the media encoder and let them render back to back over night. You won't be able to use the media encoder with Premiere Elements, so you will only be able to do 1 game overnight.

May 18, 2019
I do. I just use Microsoft video editor, splice and trim, and add a title card. Then upload to YouTube. If I get the files in the right order on the import I can do a game in about 10 minutes. Then it's several hours to let it upload despite my supposed gigabit internet speed (more like 30-40 up). I publish the unlisted link to the team. They love it. Happy to share more in pm if desired.

Dec 19, 2019
Concord, CA
Our Verizon plans have 20GB of hotspot data. We have a few phones on our plan and we rotate as needed if we need to spread the data out. That being said, most of the time we stream with a Smartphone (which doesn't then require hotspot) and record with a second device (usually a GoPro). For smartphone streaming, we have been playing off and on with a program called Larix Broadcaster (recommended by @misty earlier this year). It detects the wide angle lens on the iPhones but not our Google phones...still playing with that.

Josh - what advantage on the Mevo Start does Larix give you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Josh - what advantage on the Mevo Start does Larix give you?

Larix will recognize the wide angle lenses on some of the newer phones for streaming (IE, the Android Pixel 5 that we use). When streaming with a smartphone using the FaceBook app, it will only stream with the native lens which can be too narrow. This may allow you to shoot wider than what the Mevo Start can capture. My too big beefs with the Start are the fixed FOV and the small sensor. You can't go wider due to the FOV limitation. And if you do have to pinch zoom, quality drops off and pixelates quickly.

Jul 23, 2015
I have a Mevo Plus and would love to stream to team manager. I understand it’s not compatible at this point but may be in the future.

So, I’m considering the Mevo Start. Who has used the Mevo Start with TM and do you have any clips that I can look at to compare the quality and FOV compared to the Plus?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I have a Mevo Plus and would love to stream to team manager. I understand it’s not compatible at this point but may be in the future.

So, I’m considering the Mevo Start. Who has used the Mevo Start with TM and do you have any clips that I can look at to compare the quality and FOV compared to the Plus?
Just out of curiosity, have you checked that? I thought they used RTMP to stream to GC. Mevo Plus will do that as well. Interestingly, we have not tested that.

Jul 14, 2018
The Mevo start can stream to Game Manager RTMP, I haven’t tried it during an actual game yet. Two issues: the RTMP changes for each game, so you have to fuss with the settings (I anticipate this being painful for back-to-back games). Also, I’ve found that when the signal drops to the RTMP, the Mevo stops recording. If you’re scoring at the same time, this can be tough to keep on top of.

I like recording to the card on the Mevo, for some of the reasons discussed above. It’s super easy to drop three files onto YouTube Saturday night and be ready to go on Sunday morning. Offloading and joining multiple files after a full day of games and resetting early Sunday morning for bracket play is a crunch. My solution has been to carry a half dozen microSD cards, but they’re so small it’s easy to lose track of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802