Someone explain this to me Hitting Hype

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
Ah, you think they should be home making cookies for the boys, huh?

You might prefer watching early episodes of The Handmaid's Tale. They knew what to do about women who cheer and get excited and stuff. You know, the kind who just don't know their place.

Jul 5, 2016
Funny cause the flip side of this hyper spazmatic softball is when they make an error they are smiling and being goofy immediately afterwards. Like they don’t even care they made a bad play. Women sports are just bizarre and no wonder there is no pro version of softball. Hard to take it seriously and this kind of behavior is allowed to continue.

I have yet to meet a competitive athlete who was smiling on the inside after a mistake. They might do what they need to do to keep up appearances, but they are happy about it.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Situation for you

Ok, your dd gets struck out and the pitcher jumps up and down screaming and yelling "lets goooo, shut them down"
and fist pumping. So not saying anything at your dd but pumping her team up...you would think thats ok?

You're gonna sit in the stands and feel thats ok right after she K'd your dd?.

Again, just throwing it out there to see what some think.

Totally acceptable in my opinion. Unlike alot of people in the softball community, Im not a person that gets upset about little things Like that but I think that has to do with being involved In baseball so long.

IMO, theres quite a few rules in softball Id love to see go away bc I think they take away from the gamesmanship between teams. The stupid part is that they are all in the name of “good sportsmanship” when they actually have nothing to do with that haha.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Situation for you

Ok, your dd gets struck out and the pitcher jumps up and down screaming and yelling "lets goooo, shut them down"
and fist pumping. So not saying anything at your dd but pumping her team up...you would think thats ok?

You're gonna sit in the stands and feel thats ok right after she K'd your dd?.

Again, just throwing it out there to see what some think.

I think this is 100% a valid question. And I think many don’t think about it this way.

I’m different. I grew up playing hockey. Probably as much (or more) unspoken rules for things on the ice. But, EVERY goal is celebrated because, for the most part, it’s so hard to score. You celebrate with your team but never at the other team. If that makes sense.

To me softball is similar. Pitchers at the highest level are so good. And, for the most part, so are hitters. As such I’m fine with hitters and pitchers celebrating big(ish) successes. Pitcher gets a big situation 3rd out via a strikeout? Sure, celebrate. But, if directed at the hitter who just got out? Nope. Hard pass on that one.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Not just softball my friend but they are without a doubt the biggest offenders. Funny how when LeBron James does anything like that people come out of the woodwork’s to rag on him complete opposite with women’s softball though

When he flops around to sell a foul, ragging on him is pretty understandable. But then again when a guy’s nickname is LeFlop, we should all be used to him doing crap like that by now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck