Softball Organizations - USSSA, PGF, etc...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2016
I think it just depends on area, PGF is currently the gold standard, the new Alliance league will give them a run for there money, but competition is a good thing.
Did Top Gun move all their tournaments to PGF for this upcoming year? I see about 10 Top Gun tournaments that are listed on the PGF website. I thought I heard something about a merger between PGF and Top Gun a month or two ago. Not sure if all Top Gun tournaments are ran through PGF or just some of them. Regardless, Top Gun does run some good tournaments.

Yes, top gun did. With the two state directors involved with the alliance, PGF needed the area covered.

PGF is the current gold standard as far as competition, and level of play outside of IDT/CO, and the coaches are going to follow the top teams.

How the alliance plays out will be interesting they will be giving PGF a run.

Dec 8, 2020
WOW! Big thank you to all that posted information. DD really just started this journey when she turned 13. Feels like everyone else started at 9 or 10 and we are constantly playing catchup. Sounds like we may have made a bad decision sticking with her current team cause there doesn't seem to be much knowledge about or drive for playing in college

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
WOW! Big thank you to all that posted information. DD really just started this journey when she turned 13. Feels like everyone else started at 9 or 10 and we are constantly playing catchup. Sounds like we may have made a bad decision sticking with her current team cause there doesn't seem to be much knowledge about or drive for playing in college

The team that you are on can help but it is really up to the player. My DD sent letters to many, many schools and then followed up with the ones that showed interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2015
Playing on a good team with a solid reputation makes it easier, but you still have to do the work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Did Top Gun move all their tournaments to PGF for this upcoming year? I see about 10 Top Gun tournaments that are listed on the PGF website. I thought I heard something about a merger between PGF and Top Gun a month or two ago. Not sure if all Top Gun tournaments are ran through PGF or just some of them. Regardless, Top Gun does run some good tournaments.

Suppose it's possible...haven't looked at it yet.

Nov 18, 2013
Where would you find that information?

Go to the schools website and look at the players bio’s. Many will list the travel programs they played for. If it’s an org that franchises make sure you look up the correct team/coach. Not all Firecrackers, Bombers or Batbusters are the same.

Mar 28, 2014
Go to the schools website and look at the players bio’s. Many will list the travel programs they played for. If it’s an org that franchises make sure you look up the correct team/coach. Not all Firecrackers, Bombers or Batbusters are the same.
I was asking about commits because BT3100 said to look up a school's commits to see where they were playing. I don't think schools list their commits because that would be a NCAA violation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying