Softball Coma--Too much college ball!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I feel like I was in a softball coma this weekend watching the Super Regionals.

I DVR'd most of the games and watched the others.

Not happy with the winning brackets but what ev'ssss.............

Who is gonna cheer on the SEC with me???

I guess I will go for the Lady Vol's

Still ticked both my Louisiana teams are out!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Saw a lot of mind games going on between pitcher/batter/catcher...and some bad calls made by HPU. It was interesting to see what worked and what didn't in terms of pitches called...and I loved seeing the tough attitudes of some batters. Also, there were sooo many close calls with runners in scoring position...had me on edge of seat (even though I wasn't rooting for one or the other LOL).

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
3 out of 4 of our tournaments this Spring have had some type of rain delay or cancellation....then, Memorial Day weekend, when we are not playing and I plan to "veg" on the couch watching college softball, we have picture perfect 70 degree sunny weather.....just dayum!

May 14, 2010
JAD,
Be happy. I don't think I saw the sun all weekend. Fortunately that left me lots of time to watch Nebraska whup Oregon!
CB

Apr 1, 2010
Nebraska was a happy surprise. (My husband grew up in Omaha.) Go Big Red, lol.

I did believe that having Nebraska as a Big Ten opponent would help make Michigan a better team. I hadn't considered that it would give Nebraska greater opportunities, but in retrospect, they now don't have losses against Oklahoma, Texas and Baylor (nor Mizzou and Texas A&M) preventing them from getting a berth. They've generally been a pretty good team IMO, but since there were so many stronger teams in the Big 12, they never got much attention.

I honestly thought Texas and Michigan were overrated, but there they are. :)

I figured Mizzou was in trouble with Chelsea Thomas injured and sure enough, it was not their year. :-(

Last edited:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I'm not a big conference fan so the fact that the big conferences are evenly represented is cool but, what ev'ssss.... :) I think the best teams made it this year. There weren't any big upsets (Yeah, Oregon prolly should have won, maybe).

I'm rooting for Florida this year, but I believe Tennessee will play Oklahoma in the championship. If that's the case, GO LADY VOL'S!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1