Things College Softball Announcers Can Quit Saying 2022 Edition

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2013
"If the foul lines were paint that ball would have spun foul." "That chalk kept the ball from going foul." Um, shouldn't foul lines be chalk on dirt? Play on artificial turf if you think that matters.
A lot of teams use paint instead of chalk even on dirt.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
The most cringeworthy announcing I heard all year was 2 male announcers speculating on why female athletes suffer more ACL injuries than male athletes (don’t even know if this is true).

Based on my experience with high school basketball, this seems true to me.

P.S. Hilarious thread.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
And another season of goofy college softball announcing draws to an end!

Thanks to all that posted! Stay tuned for the 2024 edition!

May 27, 2022
The most cringeworthy announcing I heard all year was 2 male announcers speculating on why female athletes suffer more ACL injuries than male athletes (don’t even know if this is true). Might have been Kennesaw St v Samford. The production value on ESPN+ for non P5 games is pretty low.

My DD's high school basketball coach had some comments on this 'fact' during pre-season meetings. He even had them work on techniques to put less stress on their knees. From studies he had read through, it was true and they were trying to coach for it.

Feb 15, 2017
My DD's high school basketball coach had some comments on this 'fact' during pre-season meetings. He even had them work on techniques to put less stress on their knees. From studies he had read through, it was true and they were trying to coach for it.
It is a fact that women have more ACL injuries than men and they frequently happen during their cycle. The ACL injury rate is due to skeletal and muscle structure differences. And they also occur during their cycles and they think it is related to hydration.

I see no reason for getting on the TV crew for a subject relevant to the sport they were covering

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
911c7c0b-f311-42ca-a3e5-75da2e873d73_text.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28