Shamrocks 14U Pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
Just thought I would change up things a little. Rick, I am best friends with the coach of the 14U Shamrocks and he has been telling me about this pitcher he has. I won't mention her name since she is only a freshman in H.S. and I don't know her personally. But he sent me an email this morning a a clinic she attended and hit 66 mph and from the pictures I have seen of her(I have not seen a video yet, but will get to see her this comming summer at the ASA Nationals since it is in IL this year) she is not very big. It is amazing that someone that size can throw so hard. Anyway I look forward to seeing her pitch and to see how her college career turns out. My DD is 14 and big and strong and finally hit 55 the other day, But 66 is just amazing.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Tell you daughter she should've picked her parents better. :) As should mine.

Seriously, while good mechanics are required to hit 66, DNA has a lot to do with it too.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2009
Aye, the legends be true such a creature does exist her teammates call her "the librarian" due to her spectacles, diminutive stature and tendency to have her nose in a book between games.

I've never seen her pitch personally but have heard about her from my dd's pitching and hitting coach who has been closely associated with the Shamrocks for years and he describes her as being about the same height and weight as my 12 yo dd who's a skinny kid and just starting her growth spurt.

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
yes I am muscle bound shorty LOL

When my friend 1st saw her he was amazed, he says she is about unhitable at 14U and they have won some showcase 16U tourny's as well. Funny about the "librarian" he told me that's what they call her.

Oct 18, 2009
Is this the team? And if so, is she the Wunderkind you guys are talking about?

Tori Finucane - #5

I sure would like to see a video of her pitching motion. Just how small is she really? Maybe she has very long arms for her height?

Gene

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
yes it is her, I have been trying to get a video of her with no luck, but as Ken said earlier, genetics have got to be a big play in her speed. I have pics of her in sequence and her mechanics seem very good.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Shamrock 14U is really trying to recruit a loaded team to make a run at a championship this yr, they had a very good fall showing playing up. They are still recruiting for that.

But so did a couple others I know of that are planning on challenging for the 14U championship this yr. Difference is they dont recruit and cherry pick all year looking to make a loaded team, they hold tryouts, take who comes, and just start working at it.

(I have a relative on the shamrock 18UGold)

As always it takes more than 1 very fast pitcher to get a travel team to the finals.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
mudbug, of course it takes more than 1 really good pitcher, but they are a good hitting team as well and defense is not too shabby. So give me a dominant pitcher with a very good team and I will take my chances.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Dont get me wrong, I think the Shamrocks are great organization, and the 14s are looking like a great team this yr. I was just making a general comment. My cousins played in Shamrocks for several yrs.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that "this pitcher has been clocked at x mph", well you know. Many can not throw nearly as fast on avg with control as you hear tossed around. But a few can. I have seen a girl that legititmately could throw 66-68 not be able to get her team to finals, but get 15 strikouts per game against lesser teams. It truly takes the complete package to go all the way.

I did notice Shamrocks 14U is not yet on list as playing firecracker or sparkler, and that can be important to get an early look at some of the top teams you will face at Nationals. Theres more reasons to go than exposure for the girls. Was hoping to see them in Co.

Cant say I wish them any luck though. Another 14U team near and dear to me wants to be there on Sunday morning in Moline.

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
Baltimore
I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut this kid does not throw 66mph. Sounds like another fool's story. I have heard of kids throwing in the 60's then you put a gun on them and they are 57-58.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA