Sept. 1st is approaching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2021
Always a fun time and a humbling time for those on the clock. Calls you expect don't happen, ones you didn't expect call early and a few out of leftfield call build the rapport fast.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
While players make connections in so many different ways, and in different time frames, a common element is exciting!
Many different emotions along with that.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD is a Jr, so Sept 1 is a big one.. We're going into it with low expectations! Except for the very few, I think time is on the colleges side. There are so many players to evaluate for their recruiting classses

May 20, 2016
I've stepped back for the last couple of years and just been fulfilling my roll as an Uber and ATM Machine. My DD has been working hard and reaching out to all the colleges and going to camps for her target schools. Looking forward though to see who reaches out.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
This message is why in my original statement I said it's a humbling day as well.
Back in DD's day, there were 8th and 9th graders being scooped up all around her. FOMO was very real. We had to learn fast and switched gears after her summer season before 11th grade. Once we did that, one email got the ball rolling in the right direction.

Jun 27, 2021
Back in DD's day, there were 8th and 9th graders being scooped up all around her. FOMO was very real. We had to learn fast and switched gears after her summer season before 11th grade. Once we did that, one email got the ball rolling in the right direction.
Absolutely. As the day goes on you see where you are slotted, but that first call/email can get the process started. FOMO is still real and social media puts it in your face.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Absolutely. As the day goes on you see where you are slotted, but that first call/email can get the process started. FOMO is still real and social media puts it in your face.
When DD said yes to the offer in the coach's office, he nearly fell out of his chair. That's when I realized we should have held out and kept looking. LOL. But it has turned out perfectly thus far. Literally just got a text from DD saying her manager is working on a permanent job offer after graduation in May. They are trying to lock her in. Perhaps she may want to hold out to see what else is out there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32