Sad Day

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

“The NCAA is ripe for change,” says Anderson. “And that change appears to be coming, through litigation and political persuasion.”
President Obama Puts NCAA on Notice: Protect Your Student-Athletes
Not just island fairytales :p

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not just island fairytales :p

LMK when all your dreams come true.

OMG, Obama puts NCAA on notice...hahaha. Thank god Obama is on the job, this will all get cleaned up.

We aren't talking about paying students right now. That's completely another topic and I agree that colleges should help out the students.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
As the NCAA's investigation drags on, month after month, one wonders what, exactly, is taking so long. Here is a recent story in the Los Angels Times that discusses the investigation.

One passage in it particularly struck me. A former investigator for the NCAA, now an attorney in Oklahoma, explained the delay thus: "The NCAA is under no real sense of urgency to wrap this up, even though justice delayed is justice denied. The NCAA is a de-facto cartel, and its product is big-time college football. USC is a major component of that. The NCAA doesn't want USC to be off television or ineligible for bowls."

If the NCAA is in fact a cartel, de facto or otherwise, then that would seem to explain its dilatory behavior: it is acting in its own interest, and not in the interest of the game, the fans, the players, etc. (except incidentally). Perhaps true, but sad if so. It would among other things make a mockery of the NCAA's touting of "academics and athletics at its best" and its practice of calling the players "student athletes."
-L.A. Times. (Is L.A. On an island?)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We aren't talking about paying students right now. That's completely another topic and I agree that colleges should help out the students.
I realize why you think this whole thing is unfair, but its not. Does it stink for some kids, yes.
Very nice post sir. I just don't get why some people argue about what a coach of a huge football program gets but the softball or swimming program or whatever gets cut. Money!
And unfortunately, just because you like to go watch softball and a few kids have interest in it, a college isn't going to keep it if it doesn't make money.
Why don't you pull up how many schools cancel the softball program or don't even have one?
I agree colleges should help out the students
?????????????????

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
christmas-vacation2-eddie-fly-zap.gif
Surprised anybody can understand you. Your origins are def a mystery to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle