Rec ball and TB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Unless you live in Southern California, your DD has to play TB for her to have a chance to play in college.

In addition to better hitting and pitching, the defense is better as to skills and strategy. The offensive strategies are also more sophisticated.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, but daisies didn't grow in the footsteps of one SoCal girl I saw playing college softball. Maybe its only true for the girls that were born there?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I know in some areas of the country rec ball is competitive, but in GA after 10U any girl who is good and has aspirations of playing in high school or college is playing TB. The level of competition in TB vs. rec is like night and day by 12U.

Jul 9, 2013
I know in some areas of the country rec ball is competitive, but in GA after 10U any girl who is good and has aspirations of playing in high school or college is playing TB. The level of competition in TB vs. rec is like night and day by 12U.

Do you think playing just high school is enough to play college ball?
Being already in 14u and going into eighth grade seems like its too late to be barely going to travel ball, especially being in So Cal.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Rec ball in Indiana is only about 3 months out of the year, and will typically have a first year parent as a coach who usually doesnt have much experience. Its about spending the summer with friends and going out for ice cream after a win. Travel is usually between 9-12 months a season consisting of 100+ games and indoor tournaments in the winter months. Yen and yang, night and day....not even remotely close. If she has dreams of college ball, she MUST be playing travel ball and preferably on an A program... a very solid B at a minimum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz