Question Regarding Injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
Sorry your dd was injured. But this is not the coaches fault. Your dd is old enough to look out for herself. She had a mask and she had a glove.

Your idea of putting your dd into the infield and putting a different girl into what you seem to think is harms way, it’s a little strange to me.
Also if you read my post it clearly states Coach ignored her when she said she couldn’t see. She has been advised to walk off the field if ever faced with this scenario again

Mar 10, 2020
Because what? You seem like you're trying to find someone to blame. Terrible thing that happened. It's part of taking risks. At that age athletes know there is a risk. Ask her why she didn't put on her face mask. That's where the answer is. She put on a visual aid. Nothing would have changed the bad bounce. Wish her a speedy recovery.
Sorry your dd was injured. But this is not the coaches fault. Your dd is old enough to look out for herself. She had a mask and she had a glove.

Your idea of putting your dd into the infield and putting a different girl into what you seem to think is harms way, it’s a little strange to me.
Concur. Not coaches fault. The idea of putting the daughter into the infield and putting a different girl into what seems to think is harms way is strange. It is also ignorant of recognizing the lights are on the infield also, and all the other teams playing on the same field.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
How many times did the ball bounce before it hit your daughter in the mouth?

Either way, your daughter's injury is not the head coaches fault.
I think they are both at fault. He’s the adult and he ignored her
Because what? You seem like you're trying to find someone to blame. Terrible thing that happened. It's part of taking risks. At that age athletes know there is a risk. Ask her why she didn't put on her face mask. That's where the answer is. She put on a visual aid. Nothing would have changed the bad bounce. Wish her a speedy recovery.

Concur. Not coaches fault. The idea of putting the daughter into the infield and putting a different girl into what seems to think is harms way is strange. It is also ignorant of recognizing the lights are on the infield also, and all the other teams playing on the same field.
Actually there were a set of lights shining right in front of left field and a set behind her. The lights for the infield were behind the field so essentially at the player's back, not shining into their faces. To clarify, it isn't ignorant to suggest the coach put the player who is a left fielder back into left field and move my daughter back to her position. I think alot of coaches must be reading this post because for some reason the fault seems to lie all on a 16 year old kid, not the Coach who ignored her request for help. Agree with she should have put a mask on but she was a little confused as to what to do. Absolutely pathetic and this is the problem with travel ball. If she would have walked off that field and refused to play she would have been screamed at and benched.

Jun 8, 2016
I think they are both at fault. He’s the adult and he ignored her

Actually there were a set of lights shining right in front of left field and a set behind her. The lights for the infield were behind the field so essentially at the player's back, not shining into their faces. To clarify, it isn't ignorant to suggest the coach put the player who is a left fielder back into left field and move my daughter back to her position. I think alot of coaches must be reading this post because for some reason the fault seems to lie all on a 16 year old kid, not the Coach who ignored her request for help. Agree with she should have put a mask on but she was a little confused as to what to do. Absolutely pathetic and this is the problem with travel ball. If she would have walked off that field and refused to play she would have been screamed at and benched.
Only thing I am going to point out is you keep saying she is not a LF but also said she plays RF. Was the game at Fenway Park? (plus it was a GB..)

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati

Your idea of putting your dd into the infield and putting a different girl into what you seem to think is harms way, it’s a little stran

How many times did the ball bounce before it hit your daughter in the mouth?

Either way, your daughter's injury is not the head coaches fault.
Bounced one time and popped up and hit her

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
Only thing I am going to point out is you keep saying she is not a LF but also said she plays RF. Was the game at Fenway Park? (plus it was a GB..)
No it was not. She isn't a Left Fielder, only outfield she has ever played is right field. She has spent most of her time this fall on 2nd base.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06