Question Regarding Injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Another post that demonstrates that parents from all levels of softball post here.

Its good to be aware that not everyone looks at softball the way you might.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I'm pissed because she got hurt and the Coach ignored her request for help. We are not self entitled parents, nor is she a self entitled player. She goes where the Coach tells her to go. My daughter has played this game since she was 5 years old, and you have the nerve to tell me this game isn't for her. Again you must be a Coach. To say left field is easier to play than right field, shows you truly do not understand this sport.
She has played since 5 years old!
In my first post I asked you if she has ever played with the sun in her eyes?
Going to guess that answer is yes.

So she says to the coach hey coach I can't see very well. And then she goes and grabs her sunglasses. She decided to do something about it
* on her own, * with the equipment she has... exactly what she should have done!

Why would the coach need to tell her to do something about it when she has sunglasses and handle the situation appropriately. 🤷‍♀️

It is too hard to make a comment about when you say a coach ignored her there's a lot of things going on in a game and it sounds like your daughter did what she should have and grabbed her equipment. This is not a little un-experienced beginning kid you're talking about.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
She has played since 5 years old!
In my first post I asked you if she has ever played with the sun in her eyes?
Going to guess that answer is yes.

So she says to the coach hey coach I can't see very well. And then she goes and grabs her sunglasses. Either she decided to do something about it
* on her own, * with the equipment she has.. why would the coach need to tell her to do something about it when she has sunglasses. 🤷‍♀️

It is too hard to make a comment about when you say a coach ignored her there's a lot of things going on in a game and it sounds like your daughter did what she should have and grabbed her equipment. This is not a little an experienced beginning kid you're talking about.
It was a night game. She grabbed her sunglasses hoping to shield her eyes from the glare so she could do her job in left field. Again the purpose of this post was the Coach ignoring her request for help. I’ll agree she should have put her mask on but he also should have listened to her. 50% of the hits in the 1st inning were absolutely CRUSHED to left field. She fielded/caught half of those. Clearly missed one she should have caught. I’ll take it a step further and also state he should have switched pitchers or told her to throw different pitches. 14 batters in 1st inning

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It was a night game. She grabbed her sunglasses hoping to shield her eyes from the glare so she could do her job in left field. Again the purpose of this post was the Coach ignoring her request for help. I’ll agree she should have put her mask on but he also should have listened to her.

50% of the hits in the 1st inning were absolutely CRUSHED to left field. She fielded/caught half of those.
Good! She managed the situation and then had an unfortunate bad bounce.

*** remember the coach saw her handling those hits that came to her

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812