Question Regarding Injury

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
He is saying that if she plays right field then she plays left field (e.g. not a real difference), it's not like the coach asked her to play catcher without a mask on.

Aug 5, 2022
Are you more pissed she got hurt or that the coach had the audacity to put her in the outfield. Good softball players can play anywhere. Mine has played 99% of her career since 10yrs old at SS for a national level team and is going to college for the same and let me tell you that if her coach asked her to strap on the catchers gear the answer would be yes sir and she’d do her best. Outfield is outfield. Left field is actually easier than right field because the ball slices less and the angles are more pure typically. You can argue until you are blue in the face but it’s pretty clear that your not going to get the support you want for this issue from this board. I’m not sure this sport is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
He is saying that if she plays right field then she plays left field (e.g. not a real difference), it's not like the coach asked her to play catcher without a mask on.
There is a huge difference in playing left field and right field. For one thing it is opposite field, for another there is way more action in left field. Those are just two things I can think of that are obvious.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
Are you more pissed she got hurt or that the coach had the audacity to put her in the outfield. Good softball players can play anywhere. Mine has played 99% of her career since 10yrs old at SS for a national level team and is going to college for the same and let me tell you that if her coach asked her to strap on the catchers gear the answer would be yes sir and she’d do her best. Outfield is outfield. Left field is actually easier than right field because the ball slices less and the angles are more pure typically. You can argue until you are blue in the face but it’s pretty clear that your not going to get the support you want for this issue from this board. I’m not sure this sport is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pissed because she got hurt and the Coach ignored her request for help. We are not self entitled parents, nor is she a self entitled player. She goes where the Coach tells her to go. My daughter has played this game since she was 5 years old, and you have the nerve to tell me this game isn't for her. Again you must be a Coach. To say left field is easier to play than right field, shows you truly do not understand this sport.

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
If he flat out ignored her that isn’t right, I will agree with that.
Yes, that is the issue that I have and why I am not happy, because he ignored her. As parents we stay out of the dugout but I truly wish I would have done something to help her. This has turned into a crap show of a post and I'm trying to figure out how to eithe delete this post or stop the comments. I think people respond without really understanding a poster's point.

Jun 8, 2016
To say left field is easier to play than right field, shows you truly do not understand this sport.
Fly balls will tail differently in RF vs LF but a GB is a GB in this situation. Now if you think she can catch a GB in RF she can catch one in LF. My comment regarding Fenway park is that LF and RF have various quirks at Fenway which take some getting used to that are not there in most softball fields.

May 2, 2018
Central Virginia
There is a huge difference in playing left field and right field. For one thing it is opposite field, for another there is way more action in left field. Those are just two things I can think of that are obvious.
Wow.

Honest question, what do the lights have to do with a ball taking a bad hop and hitting her in the face? Do you think this bad hop wouldn't of happened if she was in right field?

Jul 20, 2022
Cincinnati
Fly balls will tail differently in RF vs LF but a GB is a GB in this situation. Now if you think she can catch a GB in RF she can catch one in LF. My comment regarding Fenway park is that LF and RF have various quirks at Fenway which take some getting used to that are not there in most softball fields.
Again, lights blaring straight into her eyes in left field

Jun 8, 2016
Again, lights blaring straight into her eyes in left field
I understand but that isn't a general LF issue. A more experienced OF (not LF..) may have been better able to deal with it..or maybe not. Regardless, my point is don't call her an OF at all if you think putting her in LF was the issue..🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478