pro-nun-ci-a-tion

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
I know it's easy to be a critic.

For the second night in a row a top 25 college softball game on FloSoftball and player's names are being said incorrectly. Blows my mind that pronunciation is not referenced prior to going on air.

Aug 5, 2022
Thats the least of my criticisms of flo soft coverage of the Mary nutter. The camera work was atrocious so zoomed out it might as well have been some parents Mevo. No replay capability. Announcers being absolutely clueless about absolutely everything. I’m just going to have to remember to be grateful it’s on at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
MN
I did HS P.A. duties for my son's BB. I at least had the courtesy to walk over to the visitors' dugout for their line-up and have someone on their team pronounce the unfamiliar names for me. It's not that hard.

Jun 8, 2016
My DD’s teachers,coaches,etc misspell her first name repeatedly despite being presented with the correct spelling numerous times over a number of years . My DW gets mad..I tell her to calm down, not a huge deal. Same thing applies here..If you go through life with the assumption that most people are knuckle-draggers life is easier.

May 29, 2015
The fault could lie in one of two places ...

Either the network for their broadcasters not caring enough to do their job properly, or the schools themselves for not providing a proper media guide to be used.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I've said it before and sure I'll say it again (soon & often) that we've seen better game video being livestreamed from the Team Mom of the 10U Hittin' Kittens Scrap Iron Underdog Team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying