Possible new Gold team or ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
I have a friend that is a very experienced coach and is thinking about starting a gold team. He may go back to an organization that currently is made up of "B" teams that didn't have much success in the past with higher level teams-at least from what I've heard from another person. He has a bit of a following, including us, so he probably won't have problems getting players except maybe pitchers which seem to always be hard to get:) His DD is playing D2 and would love to help coach and we love her too. He may also just start his own separately of any organization, but thought having a strong organization would help the girls chances with college. He also already has everything you need to run the team.
My question though is... is it a big risk for DD or the other girls for that matter, to play for a "no name" team going into their important recruiting years? He is one of the best coaches I've ever met...there's no doubt about that. (DD is a 2016)

Jul 26, 2010
"gold" teams are about showcases and garnering college recognition at the 18u level. If he has the connections and relationships to make that work, then he should be successful. At that point it's less about coaching and more about relationships.

-W

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing