Pitching w/ arm too close to body

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
These issues are like dominoes. Start with the first one, fix that and see what's next.

This right here is really some of the best advice you'll get with anything you're coaching. It's something I am working hard to get better at when analyzing a player.

Sometimes I think I know what the first issue is, then I watch/slow down video and go "oh, wait, this other thing is wrong first."

All too often coaches try to fix a symptom or a result of something upstream, usually because that's the thing we can see most easily.

Just wanted to highlight this one line. Really important even if it seems obvious.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
This right here is really some of the best advice you'll get with anything you're coaching. It's something I am working hard to get better at when analyzing a player.

Sometimes I think I know what the first issue is, then I watch/slow down video and go "oh, wait, this other thing is wrong first."

All too often coaches try to fix a symptom or a result of something upstream, usually because that's the thing we can see most easily.

Just wanted to highlight this one line. Really important even if it seems obvious.
That one line also grabbed me, I am glad you highlighted it.
That is the difference between effective and ineffective coaching being able to see the true cause and not just the symptom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831