Pitchers High # of strikeouts per game list

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Will start this off with

1984 UCLA Debbie Doom struck out 24 batters in 11 innings against Long Beach State.
(amazingly Long Beach State won the game)

ADD MORE __________________

Feb 25, 2020
Will start this off with

1984 UCLA Debbie Doom struck out 24 batters in 11 innings against Long Beach State.

Ive heard tales of Debbie Doom. Frankly, I'm not that impressed. My DD struck out 6 in one inning guest playing last year. Doin some quick math that would 66 K's in 11 innings. Sadly(not really), the game was called when the timer expired.

Jun 8, 2016
Will start this off with

Did they let you guys use bats back then or did you have to hit with rolled up programs?

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Anyone got stats with lots of strikeouts they want to show and shine pitchers who dominate?

Seriously with all the people that want to pay attention to the feet and the pitching circle line, those wanting to restrict pitching mechanics more...
Let's really discuss what's happening with pitchers cuz I'm not seeing them dominate.
Let's look at some current stats and see how outrageous all these current pitchers are that people think pitchers need to be controlled further.

Let's see it what you got?!

Btw pitchers feet is not a new topic been around for many decades

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Got any high strike out list of individual games?
Hard to compare season stats because that accumulates games.

For instance what is the highest amount of strikeouts in one game Jordan Bahl has had? I'm going to guess at 15? Here's another question how often do pitchers have more than six strikeouts per game now?

Absolutely Do think that there are pitchers who dominate and they are incredibly talented I'm not saying pitchers in the past were better. I am simply trying to draw out how realistically pitchers are possibly dominating across-the-board.

Why are people so focused on restricting them in today's game? When batters clearly are dominating!

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Courtney Coppersmith comes to mind. Ranked #1 in D1 with average K/7 (13). She has good mechanics. Doesn’t leap or crow hop that I’ve seen.

RAD, I think the frustration with the whole feet thing, at least in my mind, is that many of use have struggled over the years to make sure our DD’s didn’t pitch illegally while coming up through the ranks. My dd used to gym step and it absolutely helped with her timing and therefore, her velocity. Was called on it in middle school ball so she worked very hard to eliminate it and finally did. I did notice a drop in velocity. Guess my argument is null since what I’m referring to has always been illegal but substitute gym step with leap. Think of how changing those mechanics (if being called on it) affects a pitcher who has been doing it for years. It might cause issues in HS or college so you work hard to change it, just to have the group coming up behind you have it be allowed. I’m probably not wording this well at all but once the muscle memory is there it can be a long, hard road to undo that and the pitcher might not be as effective as they once were with the flawed mechanics.

I would have been fine with the leap if it was always allowed.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Courtney Coppersmith comes to mind. Ranked #1 in D1 with average K/7 (13). She has good mechanics. Doesn’t leap or crow hop that I’ve seen.

RAD, I think the frustration with the whole feet thing, at least in my mind, is that many of use have struggled over the years to make sure our DD’s didn’t pitch illegally while coming up through the ranks. My dd used to gym step and it absolutely helped with her timing and therefore, her velocity. Was called on it in middle school ball so she worked very hard to eliminate it and finally did. I did notice a drop in velocity. Guess my argument is null since what I’m referring to has always been illegal but substitute gym step with leap. Think of how changing those mechanics (if being called on it) affects a pitcher who has been doing it for years. It might cause issues in HS or college so you work hard to change it, just to have the group coming up behind you have it be allowed. I’m probably not wording this well at all but once the muscle memory is there it can be a long, hard road to undo that and the pitcher might not be as effective as they once were with the flawed mechanics.

I would have been fine with the leap if it was always allowed.
I can understand the frustration of people who want to be technically correct. And watching people get away with not doing so. However I do not see that technicality as being as impactful to be concerned with. Rather acknowledge it's someone else doing it. To either be sloppy or technically do it on purpose. That is part of sports.
😏Lol just like good/bad hitting mechanics...

In regards to pitching productivity and people wanting to be more restrictive WHY?

*Where are all the per game strikeout numbers?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom