Oklahoma Recruiting Class

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
How many games do you think a High School pitcher can throw per week?
Shouldn't be travel going on so no games there.
2,324 pitches this season. That doesn't include what she did in travel over last fall and this summer, or any pitching done between games and for warm-ups. I would venture a guess that there are some HS/TB pitchers with heavier workloads over a calendar year than most D1 pitchers.

May 13, 2023
2,324 pitches this season. That doesn't include what she did in travel over last fall and this summer, or any pitching done between games and for warm-ups. I would venture a guess that there are some HS/TB pitchers with heavier workloads over a calendar year than most D1 pitchers.

Well I asked how many games you think a pitcher can pitch per week?
Cuz you are attributing her injury to this.

Just looking at the math of what it could come out to per game. A glimpse of what the season MIGHT have been for her.

My guesstimation
if that was 26 games in a high school season comes to 89.38 pitches per game.

H.S. 10 weeks? 2.6 games per week

😁 quick math correct me if I'm wrong

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY

Just looking at the math of what it could come out to per game.

For all I know, she fell off her bike and sprained her ankle. She pitched in 28 games for her HS. Was that enough to get her injured? Who knows?

If you look at their schedule in the link I sent, their season ran from February to early June. I believe the team played 45 games in that time, so they clearly have other pitchers. I'm sure she had a few easy games in there that lightened her load, too.

What's reasonable? I would say two is ideal, but three is more likely. Our HS coach was fine running my daughter out there four times a week, and she wound up getting her hurt.

Nov 18, 2022
Did your daughter’s team face her?

My post was not about Ava but 2024 commit Katelyn Oxley- my daughter has not played against her but has teammates that have been on her HS and travel teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 14, 2019
My post was not about Ava but 2024 commit Katelyn Oxley- my daughter has not played against her but has teammates that have been on her HS and travel teams

I was responding to El Oso about Rothrock. We live in Orlando and play in Bartow sometimes. I heard meniscus but that was just hearsay.

Nov 18, 2022
I was responding to El Oso about Rothrock. We live in Orlando and play in Bartow sometimes. I heard meniscus but that was just hearsay.

May have been- whatever it was surgery is complete from what we heard- I always hated when my daughter had to play in Bartow

Aug 5, 2022

Rothrock has compartment syndrome from overgrown calf muscles is what the rumor was around here. She did pitch high school season and was completely ridiculously overused IMO throwing run rule games any JV pitcher could have won but whatever she set a lot of records. She threw some this summer but they seemed to be more conscious of her use. It will be interesting to see how the fall goes for her. Personally I’d love to see both freshman do well but more importantly be healthy.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas

Just looking at the math of what it could come out to per game. A glimpse of what the season MIGHT have been for her.

My guesstimation

In Texas, softball games are played Tues and Friday nights. Only 2 games are scheduled each week until the playoffs start. Then the coaches have a choice between a one and done game or best 2 out of 3. That's when you better have a #2 that's been getting some work in the regular season.

May 13, 2023
In Texas, softball games are played Tues and Friday nights. Only 2 games are scheduled each week until the playoffs start.
Light schedule for a high caliber travel ball pitcher. Good days off for rest if needed. Who may be throwing easily three games in 2 days at showcases/tournaments.

Then the coaches have a choice between a one and done game or best 2 out of 3. That's when you better have a #2 that's been getting some work in the regular season.
Interesting they have a choice.
How do they come to a conclusion of the choice? rock paper scissors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06