Nokona Gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
I just won the Nokona AMG1275 at a tournament (hint orgnaisers, when you say they want you to get over a certain speed, you should probably say 'over-arm' Three pitchers were picked and we all hit it comfortably. I had thongs on!)

Just wanting people's opinions on this glove. It feels gorgeous to wear, but feels like it might be slightly hard to break in (very stiff feeling) but Googling it, the glove is a baseball outfielders glove and I'm now slightly worried about pitching with it. (not to mention the open webbing, will have to change my motion slightly) I've only ever played with large gloves (my current glove, which will continue to be used when I'm on first) is a 14 inch Rawlings Gold Glove.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
I just won the Nokona AMG1275 at a tournament (hint orgnaisers, when you say they want you to get over a certain speed, you should probably say 'over-arm' Three pitchers were picked and we all hit it comfortably. I had thongs on!)

Um...You might want to refer to that foot wear as flip flops...I was blushing for a minute until I realised you were talking about shoes. :D

I'm not familar with Nakona gloves, but the Akadema glove my daughter got for Christmas this year was pretty stiff too. Slathered it down with glove conditioner and wrapped up with vet wrap with a ball in the pocket over night. Wipped off the excess goo the next morning and practiced with it. Did the same the next day and it has softened up pretty nice and is getting close to game ready.

I'm with you on the open webbing. I wouldn't want any of my pitchers using an open webbed glove that grips could be seen through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67