Need the rain but...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
It sure would have been nice to duck out early today, gets the girls out of school and catch Tennessee playing out here in San Diego, when is someone going to realize we need some domes out here to make sure this kind of tragedy doesn't happen on the 10 days a year it rains.

Dec 25, 2010
Be happy you aren't here. Coldest winter since I believe '61. Calling for 6-12 more inches of snow sunday and Monday. ugh

Mar 26, 2013
Definitely a bummer - I just got an email that our first HS games of the season tomorrow have been cancelled. I've also been looking forward for a month to watching some college games at CSUF today and I doubt that's going to happen.

As far as domes go, I don't see them being used during the summer in other areas of the country where they get a lot of rain. They build their fields to drain and they do a lot of field work after it rains to get their games in. They'd laugh at how little rain it takes out here to cancel games.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
I remember a few years ago a friend was here from SoCal with his DD for the Team NJ event. We had a typical June early evening thunderstorm - 30 minute downpour followed by the sun coming out to raise the humidity just a bit higher.

We came out after the downpour and he asked me, very seriously " Do you think we'll play tomorrow because of all this rain?" I thought he was kidding, he was very serious given that this .25-.50 inch of rain we had in the downpour would throw a big monkey wrench in field conditions where his DD played typically.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I remember a few years ago a friend was here from SoCal with his DD for the Team NJ event. We had a typical June early evening thunderstorm - 30 minute downpour followed by the sun coming out to raise the humidity just a bit higher.

We came out after the downpour and he asked me, very seriously " Do you think we'll play tomorrow because of all this rain?" I thought he was kidding, he was very serious given that this .25-.50 inch of rain we had in the downpour would throw a big monkey wrench in field conditions where his DD played typically.

The rest of the country just does not understand what is going on out here right now....WATER IS FALLING FROM THE SKY!!! Aren't I supposed to put chains on my car or something? What am I supposed to do about footwear? I keep slipping around on my flip flops. They should create some sort of device to shield you from the rain when you have to go out in it, something like a portable lightweight roof.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
My dd is headed to Tennessee tomorrow to play. On Sunday, we are getting somewhere between 6 and 9 inches of snow. One news stations says we are getting a foot but I don't believe that. Then, just South of us is getting an inch of ice. That ice will cover all of Southern Illinois and a part of Western Kentucky. Our school parking lot has snow 14 feet high piled up from the constant clearing of the parking lot and the many snows. If we get the 9 inches, we will jump in to the 2nd most snow in history for our area one forecaster said. Temperature on Monday is very low 20s. DD's first home softball game is Thursday and her college is only 30 minutes away from us.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The rest of the country just does not understand what is going on out here right now....WATER IS FALLING FROM THE SKY!!! Aren't I supposed to put chains on my car or something? What am I supposed to do about footwear? I keep slipping around on my flip flops. They should create some sort of device to shield you from the rain when you have to go out in it, something like a portable lightweight roof.

Remain calm. Seek shelter in an interior closet or room, assume the crash position, and put on a personal flotation device. Remain there until you get a text in a few days to confirm its safe to come out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle