Need Help! 2nd base/ short stop - did I buy the wrong glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 5, 2022
My ss uses and I web but it’s an 11.75 A2000. In the mi if you’re doing it right most balls are being deflected to your throwing hand with the glove not really coming up into the pocket but you do need to be able to get it open wide enough for the proper deflection. Won’t know until you try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2019
My 11yo plays CF with a 11.5" baseball I web. She is really tiny and has baby hands, she's never had any problems with a small glove. I think it's all about what size your daughter is comfortable with.

Mar 12, 2016
Left Coast
I'm not a glove connoisseur so here is my 2 cents worth. My DD used a Mizuno 11.5 inch with the same web to play SS, 2b and 3b from age 14U through varsity HS. She loved it. She said the ball was always in the same place in the pocket when she reached for it on the transfer. She never had to feel around for it. I used it a few times. stretched out the finger holes with my chunky hands and she asked for the exact same glove to replace her beloved mitt that I "ruined". At least I got a nice mitt out of the deal.

May 30, 2022
This is Mike Wilkinson The Glove Doctor LLC. My first question is how old is the player? Over the last 25 years I have sold close to 15, 000 gloves all of which I have done a pre break-in included with the sale. To my knowledge I have not sold the wrong glove for the player. Since most of my time is spent repairing gloves, I prefer talking directly to imy customers. Please give me a call. 330-550-1731.
Have A blessed day!
Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831