More power

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
JMHO, but be careful with this bolded above.

JMHO, be careful with all this advice LOL. Your DD is hitting the ball well if she's hitting it off a 225' fence with front toss. More important question is, how's she hitting in games?
She hits well in games but just wanted to see where she could get an extra inch or so to clear the fence - in most of her last tournaments, she's hit it right at the fence so she's close - she gets good contact just not enough to get it over.

May 27, 2022
She hits well in games but just wanted to see where she could get an extra inch or so to clear the fence - in most of her last tournaments, she's hit it right at the fence so she's close - she gets good contact just not enough to get it over.
Maybe a new bat? :ROFLMAO:

That's what my daughter likes to tell me...

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
How much strength training does she do? Squats right into some sort of explosive jumping.
Her HS workouts just started for the summer so they do weight training 2xweek. She's also in ROTC and she did weight training but that was only 1xweek during the school year. I'm not sure if they do much more than just weights. She could use some more muscles in her legs though.

May 12, 2016
Maybe technical changes could be applied and give her the extra couple feet you are seeking... however she's hitting well, making good contact and hitting for power. The swing is a complex thing that it seems your DD has figured out. It might be risky suggesting or implementing changes if you are not qualified(or even if you are) to do so, ... been there and done that LOL. Maybe you should be focusing on strengthening exercises instead, core and legs. Going a little old school here, maybe tee swings with an overweight bat, then underweight, and then her regular weight bat.

If you focus on strengthening exercises this might help her achieve what you/she is looking for. It will also benefit her in other aspects of the game. She seems to be hitting great, strengthening exercises might be the low risk high reward way to go?

Again JMHO :)

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Maybe technical changes could be applied and give her the extra couple feet you are seeking... however she's hitting well, making good contact and hitting for power. The swing is a complex thing that it seems your DD has figured out. It might be risky suggesting or implementing changes if you are not qualified(or even if you are) to do so, ... been there and done that LOL. Maybe you should be focusing on strengthening exercises instead, core and legs. Going a little old school here, maybe tee swings with an overweight bat, then underweight, and then her regular weight bat.

If you focus on strengthening exercises this might help her achieve what you/she is looking for. It will also benefit her in other aspects of the game. She seems to be hitting great, strengthening exercises might be the low risk high reward way to go?

Again JMHO :)
She just recently bought a pull-up bar. Not sure if that will help but anything extra I guess :)
Another issue is that she stopped going to hitting lessons over a year ago. I think she's done well without them but I'm sure someone could help. But she's been so busy - we couldn't fit hitting lessons in along with everything else.

Jun 8, 2016
Once she starts hitting a bunch of bombs in BP they will come in the games..You are not going to hit a bomb once every 10 BP sessions and expect to hit them in games. This local rising 8th grader usually hits a couple of bombs every tournament

That said I wouldn't worry about it too much if she is hitting well..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott