More power

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
At DD's practice last week, I got some video of her hitting. I always think she is close to hitting these over but she just doesn't seem to have enough power. Is there something you can tell she's doing that could be limiting her. Sorry the video quality is kind of bad because of the fence.

thx

Sep 14, 2021
At DD's practice last week, I got some video of her hitting. I always think she is close to hitting these over but she just doesn't seem to have enough power. Is there something you can tell she's doing that could be limiting her. Sorry the video quality is kind of bad because of the fence.

thx

In my humble opinion, she is only really engaging her top half based on this video, she needs to get into her legs. she has a good swing but power comes from the legs. see these hits.
Crouching into the load will increase her bat speed and power as she swings through.
Also if you can find a hitting coach that would pay benefits, see my other post on that. https://www.discussfastpitch.com/th...see-bad-different-mechanics.43100/post-657036

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Didn't go to her practice last nite and she hit one over. But the field in the above video is like a 225 fence - the field she was at last night was a little smaller so much easier to hit them over.
Does anyone know the distance at most tourneys? Sometimes we play with the moveable fence and sometimes not - we were at one park where there was such a difference in field dimensions - it didn't seem fair. Esp when you put an 18U division on the smallest field??
DD hit one on one field that would have been a HR on another.

But I know dimensions are diff in MLB - it's just weird that it's not all standard.

Jun 8, 2016
Didn't go to her practice last nite and she hit one over. But the field in the above video is like a 225 fence - the field she was at last night was a little smaller so much easier to hit them over.
Does anyone know the distance at most tourneys? Sometimes we play with the moveable fence and sometimes not - we were at one park where there was such a difference in field dimensions - it didn't seem fair. Esp when you put an 18U division on the smallest field??

But I know dimensions are diff in MLB - it's just weird that it's not all standard.
Most fields around here are around 200 down the line and then maybe 220 to CF.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta

I think most tournaments in GA set the temp fences at 200' or less. Home runs are fun.

Sep 14, 2021

thx

Any change in her hitting mechanics since your first post in this thread? Looking for an update.. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812