More power

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 10, 2016
Georgia
Boom!
Her arm looks fine.
Did she change anything?
No real changes. She did notice towards the end of TB she wasn’t catching up to the ball with her Ghost since it’s heavier than her other bat. She has been using her old bat lately and doing well with it. It’s weird since this is the bat she had before she got her first Ghost in 2021 and when she first got a Ghost you noticed the pop right away and she hit her first HR with it. But this last HR was the old bat. I thought they were the same weight but I have no idea actually.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
At toe touch, below, her rear forearm is too vertical (orange, bad), it should be flat (yellow, good). Her bat head is flat (orange, bad), and it should be up approx 55 deg (yellow, good)
2022-0911-8-0.00.jpg

Then from toe touch to hip slot (where the elbow goes down to the hip, she throws her hands away from her body toward the plate (the hands must stay near the armpit), and this makes her rear elbow go away from the body, it should be down toward the belt level, and only a couple of inches away from the hip.
2022-0911-8.gif

These two issues make her lose all of her leverage from her body, and she ends up having to turn the bat head around with her arms.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
At toe touch, below, her rear forearm is too vertical (orange, bad), it should be flat (yellow, good). Her bat head is flat (orange, bad), and it should be up approx 55 deg (yellow, good)
View attachment 26465

Then from toe touch to hip slot (where the elbow goes down to the hip, she throws her hands away from her body toward the plate (the hands must stay near the armpit), and this makes her rear elbow go away from the body, it should be down toward the belt level, and only a couple of inches away from the hip.
View attachment 26466

These two issues make her lose all of her leverage from her body, and she ends up having to turn the bat head around with her arms.

Wait a minute, you mean you can’t fix the swing by taking 10 dry swings?

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Wait a minute, you mean you can’t fix the swing by taking 10 dry swings?
That is funny, however that really is the only way to fix these things. There's not a drill that I have ever seen that fixes most swings.

Dry swings give you a feel for how it should work. Then you can slow swing on a tee, then faster, then cages, then live hitting. All the while, reinforce the swings with dry drills to make sure the real swing matches.

May 17, 2012
She could use some more muscles in her legs though.

This is the most likely issue. Home runs are just doubles you hit too hard.

I appreciate that you posted in the "Practical" hitting section. I have found that parents/players tend to look for mechanical fixes but rarely is it needed.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
1. Hitting the ball on the sweet spot.
2. Barrel path through the ball.
3. Bat speed by better load , stretch, and hand snap.

The picture is from the 1st post. Just missed the sweet spot and over the fence HR. Lots of great advice that will definitely help and I have found that missing one of these things will usually miss a HR. Unless you so strong you can override it with exceptional power like MLB big hitters.

Attachments

• AD2B2A85-98D5-4D19-83BF-198EC1F8543B.png
    AD2B2A85-98D5-4D19-83BF-198EC1F8543B.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802