Hitting advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017

What do you see here? I think this is a pretty good example of what Work was referring to regarding stretch. Betts is hyper mobile (like many females, especially younger ones) so it is easy to see.

Yes, I can see what y’all are taking about. I’ve got to get this specific player to a consistent launch position on time and then let her own it. Keep working on the stretch. Guess I could do the Josh Donaldson drill to feel what y’all are talking about?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yes, I can see what y’all are taking about. I’ve got to get this specific player to a consistent launch position on time and then let her own it. Keep working on the stretch. Guess I could do the Josh Donaldson drill to feel what y’all are talking about?

There are a few ways to get the forward move right. I like the wrists staying tight together (wrist extension) at set up and or starting in a 50/50 at stance and working through learning how to use natural intentions to move you out against a moving ball. Those get the body to counter rotate(load), correctly and timing is the result. I don’t think lengthening the negative move or stacking the load is the answer most of the time.

1689134857483.gif

Edit: like Ted said .. ‘lead w the hips’.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23