LXT or Meta or Something Else

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Thats prob a monetary decision. I doubt most girls at 8yo are picking a brand because lots of parents buy used at that age to make sure
their kid even wants to play. They are trying to learn what softball is and just trying to have fun. The money you are going to spend
to make a 19/18 prob far outweighs what they think they could sell. Maybe down the road they do.
Exposure is still the main thing and they continuously work on it
Almost every girl I see playing 8u has a high end bat or two.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Almost every girl I see playing 8u has a high end bat or two.
I never said they didnt...I said I dont think at 8 or 9yo, girls are brand stuck right now and you dont even know what percentage
of those bats were bought used or passed down. There are prob wayyyyyy more 8 and 9yo's that dont have the top tier bats
than 11/12/13/14yo that dont because at that age, most girls have decided to be into the sport. what I said was for Mizuno to break into the really small bat market, it could be a monetary decision. it has taken them a long time to get back into the fp market in a way that they are right now. They did that by trying to focus on more popular weights and getting teams seen.
I am guessing what they figure might be that the smaller bats like 28s and 29s may have the market share taken right now with
whats out there and for them to spend a lot to make the smaller sizes, they may not feel they can sell enough to make it a
profit right now. They may want to keep building their market up more before they take on the very small sizes that may
sit on shelves and not get sold. Build their name up more so if they do release a 28 or 29, people would try it because they know
the brand better.
Again, Im guessing what a board of execs are thinking. For myself, I would love to have a 28/18 and 29/19 PC to sell because
of the price point I can sell them for would be very enticing for parents that want a top bat but want to not break the bank
like most other top bats.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023
I would love to have a 28/18 and 29/19 PC to sell because
of the price point I can sell them for would be very enticing for parents that want a top bat but want to not break the bank
like most other top bats.
I think this was the approach that has so many Marucci DMNDs at the 8u and 10u level right now. You can get a upper end bat for $100-200 less than the other similarly performing bats.

You are probably right about Mizunos motivations but I feel like using their affordability to compete would work better in the 28"-29" bats where a lot of girls are growing out of bats from year to year.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think this was the approach that has so many Marucci DMNDs at the 8u and 10u level right now. You can get a upper end bat for $100-200 less than the other similarly performing bats.

You are probably right about Mizunos motivations but I feel like using their affordability to compete would work better in the 28"-29" bats where a lot of girls are growing out of bats from year to year.
The Marucci is one piece and because they are on sale because stores are trying to clean house and people can scoop up a bat cheap
for their young kid. Kind of a diff thing. Most one piece bats are cheaper anyway as well.

Mizuno retail is right up there with other bats, they just leave room on the table for stores to move product.
As you know, most stores are not going to pass on the price to parents like I do so lots of people dont
know they are priced well. They see retail like every other bat. There is MAP pricing just like every other bat.
So for people to see 400 bucks on a 29/19 PC when all the other bats have been out there in those sizes for
years they already know about...its a tough time convincing. What I would is release the smaller sizes in the PC, but lower
retail price just for the 28 and 29 inch.

Honestly, Same reason they dont do drop11 Carbon1s. Trying to hit the biggest selling weights.

Jul 1, 2022
Mizuno had -13 crnb1s as short as 28" but seem to have discontinued them. I don't know what they did to get them to -13 but they didn't seem to have sold/performed well.

I certainly was considering one but couldn't find one at a good price, not a lot on the market.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

May 22, 2024
Mizuno Power Carbon. Hands down.
Respectfully, but vehemently disagree. My DD has broken 3 of them within six weeks. Then they sent me a new one that rattles. They said it was normal and will go away, but I'm skeptical.

I'm currently going through this with them, so I'm still a little raw about it. End rant.
We just got a Mizuno Power Carbon - it does swing well but it seems like the break in period is a little longer than other bats(???). I'm not sold - yet - have heard of the same issues - waiting to see. The LS LXT pops better out of the wrapper so far.

Apr 8, 2019
We just got a Mizuno Power Carbon - it does swing well but it seems like the break in period is a little longer than other bats(???). I'm not sold - yet - have heard of the same issues - waiting to see. The LS LXT pops better out of the wrapper so far.
To be fair with them, the rattle did go away as they said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym